PDA

View Full Version : Selling things

Lord Nicko
19-12-2003, 01:29
Can you sell things in koh-

eg.
- Can you sell buildings you build my mistake or buildings you dont need anymore - ie ones you capture ?

- What would you get if you sold them- gold stone and wood or just gold?

- Can you sell your seige weapons once youve built them?

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 09:30
No markets in game. We had them in but made no fun. The economical system in KoH make markets obsolete.

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 09:46
Originally posted by Frank Fay
No markets in game. We had them in but made no fun. The economical system in KoH make markets obsolete.

well...there don't have to be markets to get something when you demolish a building.....

Lord Nicko
19-12-2003, 09:59
Originally posted by Arjenvs
well...there don't have to be markets to get something when you demolish a building.....

I agree! there doesnt have to be a market.

If you demolish something you should be able to salvage the resources-

eg. demolish a building or seige weapon and your wood and stone pile increases by a certain amount!

Jorghan
19-12-2003, 10:08
You should be able to get stone when you raze buildings. You even aught to be able to downgrade castles and get stone from them.

It was quite common that they razed part of older castles to build newer ones.

Henrik
19-12-2003, 10:10
YEAHHHHH - lets just recycle everything :D

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 10:11
Originally posted by Henrik
YEAHHHHH - lets just recycle everything :D

wel not recycle everything....you will get less stone when demolishing as when building costs....when it will be possible....

I really think it is a normal thing....and not difficult to omplement....cause it was indeed quite common!!!

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 10:51
You can demolish your surburbian areas, you simply burn them. You dont get the resources back but this leads to explaining the economy in KoH. Unfortunately I can not reveal it now as we plan to make a specific feature about it. Then all will be much more clear. But one thing, the economy in KoH is not typical like: you collect resources, you spend then you wait til you got them back.

But please have some patience, we will tell you more about it at a later date.

Also downgrading castles wont be needed as they do not cost upkeep or so. As more castles you have upgraded as more "recognized" will you from the others. High levels of castles / tows means economical power = good trade partner for instance etc. Just as an example....

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 11:02
You can demolish your surburbian areas, you simply burn them. You dont get the resources back but this leads to explaining the economy in KoH. Unfortunately I can not reveal it now as we plan to make a specific feature about it. Then all will be much more clear. But one thing, the economy in KoH is not typical like: you collect resources, you spend then you wait til you got them back.

Also downgrading castles wont be needed as they do not cost upkeep or so. As more castles you have upgraded as more "recognized" will you from the others. High levels of castles / tows means economical power = good trade partner for instance etc. Just as an example....

wow...sounds interesting....can't wait for teh releaseof the info!!!!

:cheers:

Bora
19-12-2003, 15:35

well, i think you will make it right. maybe it would and up in that not liked micromanagemend. as long as it makes sense and fun, it is ok :)

Elewyn
23-12-2003, 16:58

Nice, I missed demolishing my own buildings in AoK where I was unable to replace building(destroy and build it somewhere else).
So, it's nice, but
No markets in game. We had them in but made no fun. The economical system in KoH make markets obsolete
No markets in the game? how wil international exchange work then? Will it be included?