PDA

View Full Version : unit cost

Henrik
19-12-2003, 03:33
Hi

when i look at this picture (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0031&all=#) I wonder why all the units are grouped in groups of 20 ( or so it seems ) because a group of pikemen would cost far less that than the qual group of cavelerymen, so maybe a cavelery unit should be half the size to reflect that they are VERY expensive to buy :confused:

I really like to hear what the devs have thought about this ?

Lord Nicko
19-12-2003, 05:35
hrm, i thinks each group can contain a max of 25 units.

Yes im sure you would need less resource to produce pikemen.

Are you saying the actual unit (character) should be half the size or the group?

If group then i disagree cause it would be harder to create expensive units therefore when you do you would want the largest group possible - well i would :)

vanedor
19-12-2003, 07:30
If all the units had the same price, I would agree with you. However, I doubt it's the case. You pay more, you get more, that's the way it works.

Henrik
19-12-2003, 09:01
Hmmmm, it looks like i may have caused a bit of confusion in my post ! - i'll try to be more precise.

As i understand it: one unit = 20 or 25 pikemen forexample, these represent a certain value like 1 credit each so the cost of one unit would be 20 or 25 credits.

Now, if you look at the most expensive unit ( and it is my guess that it is the cavalery ) they too comes in units of 20 or 25 - these are probably at least five times more expensive ( if not then they ought to be ! ) if you compare KOH to similar games.

Then i wanna know if it's possible that the unit size of the cavalery would be cut down to one cavalery unit = 10 or 12 cavalerymen because otherwise i think that they would be very hard afford - some might suggest that we keep the unit size and lower the pricetag, but in my opinion this wouldn't be right. The Cavalery is normaly the best unit that you have in these type of games and therefore they deserve the place as the most expensive unit type.

I hope i've made myself a bit more clear this time :)

btw, all of this would not be an issue if it's possible to buy the men/soldiers on one after the other basis, but it looks like to me that you have to buy at least 20 - 25 as the minimum.

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 09:29
Yes, the groups of soldiers have different costs. Not only to train but also the upkeep.

Lowest costs are the Peasants. Highest cost most likely heavy armored cavalry and siege equipment, such as the Siege Tower.

Henrik
19-12-2003, 09:33
Okay, but how do you buy your soldiers ? - one by one or all 20 - 25 at once ? to make a "batalion"

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 10:55
All by one but you dont "buy" them, you train the population to become these unit.

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 11:01
Originally posted by Frank Fay
All by one but you dont "buy" them, you train the population to become these unit.

:hello: :king:

Lord Nicko
19-12-2003, 11:01
Originally posted by Frank Fay

Cool much more realistic than just buying them!