PDA

View Full Version : Taken Rome without moving a finger

Master King
08-12-2004, 10:50
When played last I got a message that said that I had been given the province Rome and something about that Papacy didnīt exsist anymore. When I looked at the map I couldnīt find Papacy. Anyone know what happenīt? Can it have anything to do with papacy being my vassal? Because I only had one prinsess and she was married to the danish trown.
Please answer :nono:

Elvain
08-12-2004, 10:58
Unbelievable! (historically)

but I can imagine it:
Doge of papacy was your vassal and he had no male nor female heir. So their nobility, instead of chosing one of knights, have chosen to join your kingdom. This is not so unbelievable IMO

PS: wasn't your queen originally from papacy? it would mean: if you are married to some kingdom which also becomes your vassal and they have no heir, this kingdom automatically falls under your rule and you don't even need to claim it :)

Master King
09-12-2004, 09:58
It could be that my queen was from Papacy. Would that information be under the Kings family? :nono:
It dosenīt make any sence that Papacy would fall under my kingdom, I was given Rome but I think that Papacy was bigger than that prohaps on 3 to 5 provinces big when I check the map, no one of the other provinces are under my command. It could be that I am mixing things up a bit, because their was a lot of kingdoms that decleared war and I some troops moving in a enemy Province trying to conquer the province. But then again if my memory served me corretly an d Papacy had 3 to 5 provinces then should I not recieve these provinces as well? The game I was playing I had well above 30 provinces and I had all ready turned down the title as Emperor over Europe once and I had the most of what we know as Italy (-Rome of cause) when I recieved the message about Rome. The message didnīt seem as the ordinary message you get when another kingdoms loss of the king and you have the right to claim his land, but then again I could just have been tired that night it happen and I was getting a lot messages about demanding to break agrements with some one or some small nation trying to declear war.