PDA

View Full Version : Question Relating Alliance

redfox62
09-12-2004, 08:39
I was wondering, what is the consequence of agreeing to support a Province in an attack then deciding not to help?

Is it built into the logic that your relationship suffers.

I love the fact that i can invoke an alliance and the AI actually helps out. You have to think about this for a moment. Although i've not tried it yet, i was thinking about declaring war and sitting back whilst all my allies fight for me, then move in at the last moment to steal the castle.

There are so many evil little ways to build an empire. Just take spies as an example. It's hard to play with honor, but then, how many Kings of old truly had honor?

Each ruler has a unique personality which you can take advantage of (sometimes it's worth reading the manual!)

Could you imagine a multi-player game played out like a huge game of Risk, everyone stabbing each other in the back, lol.

I wonder if any of you feel guilt when betraying an ally. That's the beauty of the game, the game makes me feel a little guilt turning on a trusted ally but some things need to be done. It works the other way also, you get a sense of pride when you build up a good relationship. In most other games, everyone's out to get you and you have to eliminate the biggest threat as soon as possible. Here, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Largefry07
10-12-2004, 00:33
It doesn't exectly work out that way. When you invoke an alliance, your ally will just declare war on the nation. That's just about it. They won't send in all of their armies in an "all out war" against the nation. They have better things to do than sacerfice their armies at your enemy.