PDA

View Full Version : Choose your style of playing

Angryminer
19-12-2003, 12:27
Now, I thought a bit and came to the conclusion that the player should be able to modify the game a bit.
If this possibility comes in with a handy "New Game-Options"-screen or a mod-tool isn't important, but it would be fun to be able to modify the game in some ways.
For example there was my idea of watching a battle without having to command the units. Or having a market and such things... It would be neat to have either some presets of game-options to choose from, or a long list of possible options you can click to enable them.
Very similar to the common 'mutators' from the UT-games:
"You don't like that? Change it!"
The community could create their own mutators to make the game the way they want it to be (only little changes - i.e. the horse<->rider thingy from here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=334)).
New player could choose a "Simple"-preset and they won't need to hassle with so many options like someone who selected something like "I think Orion3 is too simple".

I hope you got what I wanted to suggest...

Angryminer

Es.
19-12-2003, 14:00
First of Mastrer of Orion 3 is the most advanced game i have ever seen and played, unfortenately it ain't a possitive thing.
To many options drags a games, game play down, you simpely don't have any controll over it, cause you don't have any idear what all those weird options are.
I really doubt KoH will be a game thats bout mannageing the labor level of your works, to a near point of rebelion, to increase the production, and so on.
All options like those are micromanagent, i do agree that tax levels and such werry bassic can and must be controlled but thats it.
What comes to options where you can enble/disable sertain features of a game, i do not agree it should be there.
one thing is what we dream of, all those kinds of weird idears we have here in the forums that sounds good, but really when you think hard about them, have no what so ever place in a game for various different reasons.
Why should you unmount cavlry ???
Whats the idear of stone contra wooden bridges ???
I think you got the idear

Angryminer
19-12-2003, 14:25
The idea behind these options is, that you can have these options, but don't have to.
So it won't harm anyone, but make some people very happy.

[Please think of my examples as examples - I'm not in the mood to work out some really sensefull options ;) ]

Angryminer