PDA

View Full Version : Controlling the Pope - what governs papal decisions?

Martinus
14-12-2004, 10:13
Hi,

When you control the Pope, you can ask him to excommunicate someone. Sometimes he complies, sometimes he turns on you and excommunicates you instead. Does anyone know what governs the papal decision? Previously I thought it is a frequency of your request (i.e. the more you ask the more he is likely to turn on you), but recently the Pope has excommunicated me as soon as I made my first request, so it is not only that.

My guess would be relationship with the papacy (or with the entire catholic world) but what else? Does Kingdom power count? Kingdom Piety? Kingdom happiness?

Any help would be welcome (especially from the devs). :)

P.S. Sorry if this was asked before.

Elvain
14-12-2004, 12:38
I'm not a dev, so here are only guesses:
1) relations with papacy
2) kingdom piety
3) power of the kingdom

FrankishKnight
15-12-2004, 02:22
I think Kingdoms relation with the country you want to excommunicate.

Cro_Knight
15-12-2004, 04:46
and how strong your cleric is 1-5 stars

Cali Knight
15-12-2004, 05:20
I had a 5 star cleric turned pope who excummicated me at my first request but later I destroyed poland an he dissapered, so he was a spy thats probaby why he excommunicated me, but it could have been the fact that the county I tryed to excommunicate had good relation to the papancy.

Martinus
15-12-2004, 09:26
I had a 5 star cleric turned pope who excummicated me at my first request but later I destroyed poland an he dissapered, so he was a spy thats probaby why he excommunicated me, but it could have been the fact that the county I tryed to excommunicate had good relation to the papancy.
If "your" Pope excommunicates you, he disappears immediately, as you lose control over him. :)