PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom map editor

Pages : [1] 2

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 19:59
Are we going to get a map editor for countries and counties?
That would be awesome, and would allow for a very high replayablity value.

Plus user made maps and mods would add long legs to this game and community. :cool:

LordMatthias
23-10-2003, 21:32
Originally posted by Siegebreaker
Are we going to get a map editor for countries and counties?
That would be awesome, and would allow for a very high replayablity value.

Plus user made maps and mods would add long legs to this game and community. :cool: Indeed. I would definitely consider building a website with an extensive database around custom maps.

Pioneer
23-10-2003, 22:11
One thing to put alongside an editor would be a randomised scenario feature so that a player could chose to play with all valued and ahistorical. It would give much of the replayability of an editor but without the effort that daunt the lazier, time constrained or casual player.

Huwie
24-10-2003, 08:04
Posted in the FAQ:

"We are using a very powerful editor to create the world of Knights of Honor. Of course we would like to share this editor with the community, but we first want to be sure that it’s easy enough for everybody to use."

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:40
Originally posted by LordMatthias
Indeed. I would definitely consider building a website with an extensive database around custom maps.

That would make the community bigger! This is so great!

Siegebreaker
27-10-2003, 16:26
Originally posted by Huwie
Posted in the FAQ:

"We are using a very powerful editor to create the world of Knights of Honor. Of course we would like to share this editor with the community, but we first want to be sure that it’s easy enough for everybody to use."

Cool!! :cool: :D

BLOODUK
27-10-2003, 16:27
nice :)

Moorkh
27-10-2003, 17:15
Originally posted by Pioneer
One thing to put alongside an editor would be a randomised scenario feature so that a player could chose to play with all valued and ahistorical. It would give much of the replayability of an editor but without the effort that daunt the lazier, time constrained or casual player.

Could we have an answer to this connected question, too?

Frank Fay
27-10-2003, 21:39
Regarding the editor. It has not been decided yet if the editor will be shipped with the game or not. It depends on how much time we have left to polish the editor actually.

The answer to the random map feature I have to postpone to a later date.;)

Moorkh
28-10-2003, 07:05
Thanks. We can wait - a little. ;)

hase957
28-10-2003, 12:29
I hope editor will come, even if I have to wait for it a little bit longer!!!

Siegebreaker
28-10-2003, 21:38
Yes, the editor is what keeps a game in the hard drive. There is little you can do after you have played the shipped map for x amount of time.

I don't mind waiting a little longer for the editor.

Pioneer
29-10-2003, 22:08
What I mean is just something that allows unhistorical randomised values for populations and so forth or some sort of editor lite that a lazy player could move a set of sliders to alter the main values for each country. This game might not work so well with a random map feature though would be good too. Unless a player confined himself to doing something like altering the population of one particular town or a few towns, creating a fully released scenario would take a long time particular given the scale of the game.

Carcassone
29-10-2003, 22:51
I know that without a map editor Stronghold would have been a dust collector much quicker than it already was. However, KoH is far above Stronghold from what I've read and understand, it's everything and then some that in whcih Stronghold should have been.

But hey, map editors map the community happy

Spudster
30-10-2003, 00:45
maybe, like onthe 1503 AD site, we could have a GAMEBULANCE...somwhere where people share saved games and maps....

Frank Fay
30-10-2003, 12:21
We know how much you like it, but we would prefer to ship an editor which can be used by everybody and has been tested well. However, we cant confirm if with editor and which featureset it will have. It is more or less a publishing decision.

Spudster
31-10-2003, 01:03
Originally posted by Siegebreaker
counties?

????? why counties...did you mean countries???

thanks Frank...it makes more sence your way:eek:

Moorkh
31-10-2003, 09:52
Originally posted by Spudster
????? why counties...did you mean countries???

I strongly assume what he means is this:

county = fiefdom; one single territory on the main map. It has a certain population, income, structures etc.

country = domain of a ruler; all the territories (counties) that are under the control of the player or an AI side, as well as the armies, alliances etc that correspond to it.

hase957
31-10-2003, 10:47
In the editor it would be grate, if you can change the lanscape, but it is even ok if you can chance castles (where they are, how many,...).

Spudster
01-11-2003, 15:26
oh..i didnt think he was talking about the game....hehehe....sorry...