PDA

View Full Version : Custom mode

Moonlightseeker
21-12-2004, 14:19
Even if it seems to exist a possibility to edit data with the method of Elvain and Tempest (I have not tested yet but as I have not real skills in coding, changing programs lines scares me a little), I would like to make this suggestion for having the possibility to change easily data. My suggestion is based on two modes:

- Historical mode with the real maps (as in KoH now)
- Custom mode based on the real maps:
At the kingdom selection screen, the player clicks on a custom blazon (white with the sign “?” for example). As a result, the game launches a wizard to customize new kingdom where the player can select through the wizard like in Civilization:
- Name of his kingdom (Free text field)
- Name of the folk (free text field)
- Name of the first King (free text field)
- Avatar of the first King (pop up with radio button or choiclist)
- Does the king is married or not (choice list : Yes/No/Random) ?
- Does the king has children (choice list : Yes/No/Random) (sex and age determined randomly) ?
- Title of the king (emperor, king, khan, etc) (by choice list with the possibility to include new one)
- Religion (by choice list) (with the possibility to include new one will be a dream but too much impact I think)
- The blazon (3 or 4 choice lists with model ; colour 1 ; colour 2)
- The names allowed for royal family for the kingdom created (optional)
- Name of the first city (optional ; perhaps too much impact on the database)

In custom mode, a city is randomly allocated to the player with the new data (that means that a kingdom with single city could disappear if selected to be changed into the one created by player). A such mode could satisfy people like me which prefer playing with their own kingdom and keep the game challenging and interesting without any coding skills.

To simplify, the data from the wizard could be only available for the current game (in one separate file).

Hope to see a such mode existing one day in KoH because this day, KoH will be become so great !!!!!