PDA

View Full Version : It may be stupid, but then again...

Nicodimus
23-12-2004, 11:44
Hi all!

I have two issues:

1.It seems I am unable to get better units. I mean I have a master swordsmithy, armory, and chainmail/scale/plate armorer, but no stronger units that should have been available. In the references says about the requirements yet even if met, they are not available. Am I doing something wrong, or not at all?

2. Does the morale modifiers stacks together? I have a marshall with +3 Leadership, +3 Conquerer, +3 Dread and he never loosed a single battle, nor troups in engagements with similar enemy armies.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Angryminer
23-12-2004, 11:53
Welcome to the KoH-forums, Nicodimus! :go:
1. Not every province can produce every unit. For example teutonic knights can only be produced in northern and eastern Germany. You can build the required buildings in England but that won't enable you to recruit teutonic knights.
2. Yes, the boni are comultative, if the tooltip doesn't state otherwise.

Angryminer

Elvain
23-12-2004, 13:21
Before you build buildings required for certain unit, look at which units are available in that province.

Way how to get this info?
1) non patched - below province development, there are 6 slots, click at them and you'll see which units are available there. This doesn't change with development of town, it's pre-defined
2) patched - if you have or haven't marshal located in the town, click at circle with soldier right of town name and you'll see the same as I described above. this you can do without patch, but only if marshal is deployad in the town

PS: welcome on the forums

Nicodimus
23-12-2004, 13:37
Thanks for the answer lads!

The idea is I have swordman available, right? And if i build a master swordsmithy and a chainmail armory it should be upgraded to heavy swordman. Well it doesn't :)). And I think "all is not well in the kingdom of Denmark" ( it's Scotland actually :$ ). Perhaps a should go for the patch.

Cheers!

Elvain
23-12-2004, 14:54
Patch doesn't spolve this. You can buy only those units that are available in the province. If heavy swordsmen is not available, you can build whatever you want, but it won't change.

It's like, you can do whatever you want, but Templars are available only in France, some parts of Germany and Rome, Longbowmen in some parts of Britain only and Mameluks in north Africa and Middle east.

Heavy swordsmen is not upgraded swordsmen unit, it's simply another unit.

Nicodimus
29-12-2004, 09:04
Thanks for the replys guys. I figured all out in the end with your help.