PDA

View Full Version : Question on Economy

Titan
27-12-2004, 11:08
Hello all,
I have a question, evry time i play i cannot get income more then 200-400 gold, I saw one guy post screenshot he had 2000 gold income, Is that Kingdom power and Adventeges earn that much?

Also each time i recieve Trade agreement offer, Is it batter do decline it? so none als will demand to break relations or if i must declear war will not lose kingdom power.

Thank you, Sorry for bad English

Heretic
27-12-2004, 13:44
Advantage Silk Route doubles the income,but You can get much money in other ways. Make many trade agreements with strong kingdoms, hire few traders (or engage your king and prince). Then order traders to trade for gold (look which kingdom will trade for highest sum). That is my way to get high income (now it is about 2000 (with advantage)).

Titan
27-12-2004, 13:56
thanks for reply,

one more question what if all kingdoms hate you? :angry: LOL all u have is Tax? :bowdown:

I do same way as you do find far away and reach kingdoms to trade with, but i never got a chanse to have single advantege yet. its hard :) lol --- I am lazy :biggrin:

Kitoslav
27-12-2004, 13:58
I dont have traders or silk route advantage, i even destroy Tax collector office when i conquer new province. but my income is a lot higher than 1000 gold. after a few moments it's of course -X for inflation :)

Elvain
27-12-2004, 14:36
The best is to trade with strong kingdom you have good relations with.

The stronger their economy is, the higher is your income, the better your relation is, the higher your income is too.

NightRaven
27-12-2004, 17:43
my trade income is 1000 without tax(to make them happy)... i make the possible to put all that bring maney in each city, like costal cities I put harbor or admiral, I had just two merchant...but with advantage :) .... the secret is provinces, more you have, more money..

Zakarumite
09-01-2005, 10:53
dont forget the kingdom power... very important too

Illuminatus!
09-01-2005, 18:38
I can get 1700-something gold income in the demo (maxing out at somewhere around 80,000-90,000 gold?)...

Scotland
- 6-8 Merchants
- less than 7 provinces
- sometimes a 3-6 province vassal
- full kingdom power
- moderate taxes
- calm-united relations with all non-excommunicated Catholic kingdoms via mostly the "Donate" option, plus attacking a kingdom almost everyone hates (which improves relations with non-Catholic kingdoms, too)

wellbored
09-01-2005, 20:12
most income i've had is 2855 without having any Merchants but i do have like 116 provinces most kingdoms hate me tho and ive been kicked out of the church lol

rayern
27-01-2005, 15:56
The best way to earn money is to go slow.
1. I focus on building up my provinces.
2. Do not entertain any request whether it is peace or war.
3. Check your provinces and build accordingly like focus on military buildings if that provinces do not have any resources.Build resource buildings only for provinces with resources.
4. Guard certain provinces only.Those safe provinces or protected by your other provinces should be left alone or minimum defense.
5. Wait for attacks from others nation and capture their marshal and wait for ransom.Good money.
6. Slowly build up your armies and transfer troops from military provinces to resources provinces.
7. Try to build building that offers golds and happiness in resource provinces and food and population in military provinces.
8. once everything up,you can start attacking.
9. Mind you,I didnt tax my people,no tributes from others and only one merchant getting some gold.Earn from ransoms and build up quickly.You will soon find out that you will have alot of money and you are desperate to spend them up to prevent inflation.I even wasted gold to build building instantly.
10. The bad thing is my king died with no heir and rebels marshal and spies overwhelm me when I was at the point of winning.

Diablo_
31-01-2005, 18:50
With Serbia:
-normal taxes
-17 provinces
-no vassals
-1 merchant
-indipendent church (orthodox)
-kingdom power 5
-inflacion about 500 all the time.I just dont know where to spen money
income +1700

el_slapper
01-02-2005, 11:19
Be also cautious with imports. Last game I hade the 7 imports, & it was costing 1600!

Da_weasel
01-02-2005, 20:26
only problem I have with imports is I have to annex a seaport first

Ukrainik
01-02-2005, 22:15
Vassavls is the way to go. Here is a little trick for you. Find a big and tough looking kingdom :biggrin: then go and conquer at least two provinces destroy a couple of farms ans so on in other provinces but do not conquer them. Wait until hiss income drops and then offer him peace with vassal option destroy his provinces until he begs for mercy and accepts your proposal then give him one of his own provinces that you just conquered and the relationship with your vassal has improved all the way :biggrin:

dindin
08-02-2005, 16:41
As a matter of fact I've had about 2000 gold with 2 five-star traders earning about 150 each. Aaand that's with no taxes, of course :) Plus I had to reach 90-100 grand before inflation starts to take its toll.
Well, I had so many provinces, I couldn't count 'em :)
Cheers ! :cheers:

dindin
08-02-2005, 16:44
Oh, of course that was on normal, with all imports and advantages and kingdom power of 5. I had so much piety and cash (+574/+~2000) so I allowed myself to do dishonouring things ... :)

DarkIllusion
11-02-2005, 04:25
I find Vassalage a better source of income 'till they declare independence of course!

Master King
11-03-2005, 12:03
:bash: I have an alliance pact with france which is the biggest country. I also have a merchant making trade with France for money, and i got som 200 from this traderoute. But every time I have very bad relations with France my merchant do not recieve any gold at all. Is it just because he/they hate me so much, that they do not want to do trade or what? For every time the relationship improves my merchant begins to make money. :confused:

Elvain
11-03-2005, 12:36
yes, your relations with the country you trade influences your income.

here is example from reality:could you imagine Iran as one of the best US trading partners today? Would you as leader of a country holding strategic trade good sell it to country that you are on the edge of war? I personally wouldn't