PDA

View Full Version : The natural world :D

Pages : [1] 2

Blizzard
22-12-2003, 00:58
I have a question about the game.

I see that seasons and weather may or may not be in the game but i was wondering what happens in the world around the game. For example will the trees grow? Just wondering really...

And errr..... im a bit confused; do men get terrain advantage in any form?

Game looks cool btw

Oh, i forgot; I love ya all :p

Henrik
22-12-2003, 06:33
Originally posted by Blizzard
I have a question about the game.

I see that seasons and weather may or may not be in the game but i was wondering what happens in the world around the game. For example will the trees grow? Just wondering really...

And errr..... im a bit confused; do men get terrain advantage in any form?

Game looks cool btw

Oh, i forgot; I love ya all :p

No, as far as i can recall the trees don't grow - it's just part of the "background".

Yes, archers do have an advantage when firing from high ground.

Arjenvs
22-12-2003, 11:01
From the topic called± Żour style my lord“:

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?threadid=53&perpage=25&highlight=trees&pagenumber=3

The answer from Fruijn on wether trees will fall when chopped...

Originally posted by Frujin
The trees are falling ... :) .

There was also a question about trees, if they grow....
But there was no answer for...yet....so we“ll have too wait....

:cheers:

Bora
22-12-2003, 15:03
there i cant understand the programmers,... they dont want to let the season change, but trees are falling??? who is interesteted if somewhere of the last part in his realm a tree is falling down?

thats like you play a earth conquering game (hearts of iron or something) and you ask "will bikes falling to ground at the central station?" who cares?!
that is interesting like someone in china drops his pot of rise,...

when it snows an rains you can see it everywhere in your realm, but when somewhwere a tree is falling down, i guess, when you play KoH, you dont even recognize that tree!

Angryminer
22-12-2003, 16:01
Two words:
Game density.

Angryminer

Bora
22-12-2003, 17:46
Originally posted by Angryminer
Two words:
Game density.

Angryminer

damn, my life is ruined,.. heard that a krokodile lost a tooth in australia,.. come on,.,.. if they think its importend to let the trees fall, they also think about weather changes

Angryminer
22-12-2003, 18:48
Rain is already there - if you didn't notice.

Angryminer

Blizzard
22-12-2003, 18:58
Errr....ok,

so if the trees dont grow, can you burn trees? Cause then soon enough (especially under my reign) there will be no trees. Oh yeah, and can you hide men in the trees, 'true robin hood style :D '

imho i love you all tbh

Frank Fay
22-12-2003, 19:33
a tree is falling down

The trees are falling because we have woodcutters who make lumber....

Blizzard
23-12-2003, 01:12
Ok, correct me if im stupid but doesnt that boil to an obvious fact. If people are cutting the trees down and the trees arent growing then there will be no trees left... :confused:

(how did i get caught up in all this tree hugging stuff)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Henrik
23-12-2003, 01:49
Originally posted by Blizzard
Ok, correct me if im stupid but doesnt that boil to an obvious fact. If people are cutting the trees down and the trees arent growing then there will be no trees left... :confused:

(how did i get caught up in all this tree hugging stuff)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think that's just a "minor" detail ;)

Elewyn
23-12-2003, 08:13
...but a bit silly

Henrik
23-12-2003, 09:14
Two ideas to solve the "tree problem":

1. When a tree is cut down, then after a period of time, to give the player the illusion that time has passed, a new tree should emerge.

2. We could "invent" a forester who could replant the forest.

Emhyr var Emreis
23-12-2003, 09:19
I know its a question of micromanagement, but it would be nice to have foresters to take care of your forests.

Arjenvs
23-12-2003, 11:58
Originally posted by Emhyr var Emreis
I know its a question of micromanagement, but it would be nice to have foresters to take care of your forests.

Yes like in Settlers!!! :D

But Frank.......a tree is falling when cut by a woodcutter....

Conclusion!!! The trees will grow too.....that is not a difficult thing to include I thing..... Settlers 1 even got it!!!!

:cheers:

Angryminer
23-12-2003, 14:08
It's micromanagement - so the knight of the realm has to deal with it. Dot.

Angryminer

Blizzard
23-12-2003, 14:31
Ok speaking of trees, can i hide my legions or terror :D in the trees and suprise the unsuspecting dim twit who walks by?

Angryminer
23-12-2003, 15:01
If the screenshots are not posed you will be able to position your troops in the woods so the enemy is less likely to see you.
[ I refer to this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0064.jpg) screenshot ]

Angryminer

Blizzard
23-12-2003, 16:16
Oh goody. I got a small impression that everything was purely there for decoration ;)

Thanks alot guys

/me hugs :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Destroyer
26-12-2003, 21:01
i dont think the trees will even fall... the woodcutter will just cut one tree whole his life... and nobody really cares... not even the woodcutter himself i guess:cool: