PDA

View Full Version : How to become a pope ?

pan adok
29-12-2004, 01:45
i defeated papacy and had a 5star cleric governing in rome. so what should i do ? :< :bowdown: :biggrin:

Cro_Knight
29-12-2004, 03:25
nothing u cant have pope

llxlVaNDaLlxll
29-12-2004, 03:39
errrr, u can. when the pope dies (and the papacy is still alive) and u have a go0d cleric on your court. your cleric can be called as pope. then u can excommunicate ppls or u could leave the contact to the pope :P(but u cant get him back as cleric)

Elvain
29-12-2004, 14:18
yes, the only thing you need to have pope is to have skilled cleric at time of old pope's death.

In my last game my 4star cleric became pope, it made me really angry, because it's not that good to have your cleric pope

AbuSebb
01-01-2005, 13:09
I have conquered Papacy and I am afraid there is no chance for me to have my cleric as a Pope ... ughrrrr...

Largefry07
01-01-2005, 17:09
Sure there is a way. Give Rome to an enemy of a different religion and then conquor Rome again and reinstate Papacy. Your cleric might not be elected as pope first but keep him educated and have your kingdom become stronger and the next pope will be yours.

Note: I always find having your cleric as pope is a waste of good cleric. Once he becomes pope you can't do anything that is very usful with him. Also you'll need to replace him which is a huge pain.

Jaw0hl
01-01-2005, 20:40
so do u reccomend to have cleric as a pope? or not? coz i dont know ;p

Angryminer
01-01-2005, 20:45
You don't propose the cleric on any election. That's all done full-automatically.

Angryminer

Elvain
01-01-2005, 20:54
Yes, it's done automatically, but you have almost no benefits from cleric being pope.

Jaw0hl
01-01-2005, 21:12
ok thx :] i am in trouble :p cleric is really needed in my kingdom? i have 6marchals 2 spies and 1 merchant provinces 41 and.. hmh iam thinking about bulider/lanlord/cleric.. what do u reccomend?:D sry for offtopic..

Largefry07
01-01-2005, 23:50
Builder and landlords have very little use and clerics can be very useful for converation provs. and adopting the population. So go with the cleric.

Kitoslav
01-01-2005, 23:53
yes it is. you need cleric to adopt and convert population in new provinces (so they don't rebel).

Pioneer
02-01-2005, 00:28
My Nicean spy in Bosnia was elected as Pope. I would have preferred if he had remained in the guise of a Bosnian cleric and be able to convert his Bosnian charges to paganism. But I was able to call crusades through the spy against rivals and have opponents excommunicated. Having a cleric as Pope does allow benefits like ordering crusades and excommunication. I see them as fairly reasonable powers.

Elvain
02-01-2005, 10:14
I don't see any benefits from your marshals leading crusades. The only result is that you lose your marshall. He is either killed or can become partly "puppet king". He only has very good realtions with you from the beggining, nothing more. You can't influence his actions and nothing.

Excomunicatiog your enemies is even less benefitable. I don't even try it now, coz the only final result is that I lose the pope and I am excomunicated. I haven't found yet the key how to know which nations pope is likely to excomunicate without any problems and which not :(

@JawOhl
I also recomand you a cleric.

Largefry07
02-01-2005, 21:01
The only good that comes out of excomunicating nations through the pope is the lose of gold. EX: I excomunicated Portgual and they're were beginning in 6 gold. After I excomunicated them they're were begining in 5 gold. I know it is not much but you do what you can.

AbuSebb
03-01-2005, 08:42
It looks like being Pope or possesing Pope is rather problem. No benefits were found .... as far.

Angryminer
03-01-2005, 11:48
There are benefits from controlling the pope. However, it's a two-bladed sword and no asks the player if he wants this risk.

Angryminer

AbuSebb
04-01-2005, 14:36
So... in another way... there are some benefits but... it's very risky :-/.