PDA

View Full Version : Orthodox, Muslim, and Pagan Religion Questions

Illuminatus!
31-12-2004, 23:46
The website and demo Royal Library information on the Orthodox, Muslim and Pagan/Animism religions has left me with lots of questions.

Q1: Disadvantage of being Orthodox (not independent): A portion of your income goes to the Orthodox Church (in Constantinople) - does this shows up in the "Gold" screen? And either the "Royal Library" feature or the website mention Constantinople as being in Byzantia - does this mean that the portion of your income goes to the nation of Byzantia (if it exists) instead of or in addition to the Orthodox Church?

Q2: Disadvantage of being Orthodox (not independent): Something about a decrease in morale for your armies when they're away is mentioned on the website "Featured Story" section. Is this a constant decrease over time or just a permanent modifier (like peasant's -3 or Viking's +3)?

Q3: Advantages/Disadvantages of Islam as kingdom religion (correct me if I'm wrong, or if I leave anything out): You don't have to tithe gold to any religious authority for anything (i.e. Catholic "Donate" improves relations with Papacy and non-excommunicated Catholic kingdoms, "Ask for Forgiveness" is hella expensive, non-independent Orthodox guys have to give some sum of their income to ?) and no penalties for not conforming to what a religious authority tells you to do because there isn't one. Only disadvantage I can see is being a target of a Crusade.

Q4: Advantages/Disadvantages of Paganism as a kingdom religion: Same as above except the "Featured Story" section says: "If the Player chooses a Pagan Kingdom, he receives no Piety Bonus and his gold income is limited." Could someone tell me more?

Largefry07
01-01-2005, 03:49
Byzantia does get some amount of money from non-independant kingdoms.

Peagans don't have a cleric and can produce no books.

Elvain
01-01-2005, 18:42
islamic nations can cal for Jihad - it'S defensive feature. If you call for Jihad, in all mosques in a province rebels emerge and attack invading (non-muslim) army. While calling for Jihad you suffer Kingdom Power penalty (-1)

probably the only advantage of paganism is automatical "converting" provinces to paganism for free

Zakarumite
02-01-2005, 13:08
the pagan religion take 30% of your gold income, but you dont need piety( they dont "produce" piety) to increase your kingdom power, what is a great advantage, because you can break agreements and start wars with friendly kingdoms and rapdly increase your KP

Illuminatus!
03-01-2005, 00:24
What about the morale issue of Orthodox kingdoms? Could someone elaborate?

Largefry07
03-01-2005, 05:28
I don't understand that part of the game. I nevered played as an orthodox kingdom except Byztania.

Illuminatus!
04-01-2005, 22:26
Orthodox armies are supposed to have some kind of morale malus...exactly what kind is I would like to know.

Balrog
09-01-2005, 01:50
Wait a minute, sorry to go off topic, but how do you 'donate'?

Zakarumite
09-01-2005, 10:48
you click in the piety icon in the kingdom treasury, then will appear a window. In that window, theres a hand with a bag of gold. If you have enought piety and money click on it and you will donate for the church

Illuminatus!
09-01-2005, 18:30
Doing so will make the Papacy love you and all non-excommunicated Catholic kingdoms will have somewhat better relations. If you do it more than 5-7 times (guestimating here, from my extensive demo experience :P), and don't attack anyone that everyone likes, then your relations should improve to about the "Calm" level. It's a relatively easy way to improve relations and become "Most Respected Kingdom"/"Most Loved Ruler."

Lord_Nick
17-02-2006, 18:21
Just a clarification with Pagans:

-You can still produce books if you build a Library. Granted it's pretty expensive compared to a church.

I have a question re: reducing Nostalgia if you're playing as a Pagan nation. Since you don't have clerics, you can't adopt the population. Is there another method you can use to reduce nostalgia, or do you just have to deal with the rebels and loyalists until the nostalgia is reduced to zero?