PDA

View Full Version : Royal Dynasty question...

Steven William
01-01-2005, 20:38
When your king has a wife, but no heirs... how can you get them? Do they just get randomly generated, or what? And what happens if your king dies with no heirs? In one of my games, my king is "vulnerable", with no heirs.

Angryminer
01-01-2005, 20:52
1. The children-production is quite random.
2. If there is no male heir to the throne one of the knights will claim the throne. Sometimes more than one person claims the throne and your up for a civil war. :go:

Angryminer

Jaw0hl
01-01-2005, 21:14
i had 3sons and they were fighting for a title of king :P $@$#ing rebels :P

AbuSebb
01-01-2005, 21:29
It is good to have few sons. Try to marry them with princesses of other countries. It is a chance Your son will be a king of other country. In that way You can get new provinces "for free". Once it happened to me :-))

Pioneer
02-01-2005, 00:45
Having a high kingdom power and other characteristic of stability like a contented population helps in avoiding civil war. That said switching heirs can still cause civil war in an otherwise stable kingdom. However, the only time that happens the rebel marshals simply quit and their armies were put up for hire like any disbanded army. Large kingdoms should be far more fragile if there is no prince as heir. If power and sentiment are high, civil war and breakup will rarely, if ever, crop up.

Steven William
02-01-2005, 09:04
Alright. Thanksa bunch guys.

Luckin
03-01-2005, 01:01
It is good to have few sons. Try to marry them with princesses of other countries. It is a chance Your son will be a king of other country. In that way You can get new provinces "for free". Once it happened to me :-))

Yes, that´s a good way to get new lands, but sometimes it can be quite funny. I played for Leinster->Ireland and I married my daughter to the prince of Berbers. It´s quite difficult to control 3 provinces in North Africa from the British Isles :biggrin:

Cro_Knight
03-01-2005, 01:22
yes very same for me i was moskovy and i had 5 provinces from central france

AbuSebb
03-01-2005, 08:46
It is not easy to be a ruler :biggrin:

Elvain
03-01-2005, 11:11
Yes, that´s a good way to get new lands, but sometimes it can be quite funny. I played for Leinster->Ireland and I married my daughter to the prince of Berbers. It´s quite difficult to control 3 provinces in North Africa from the British Isles :biggrin:
Welcome on the forums, Luckin

Nazdarek, Luckine. Je dobry potkat tady krajana :cheers: maj sa pekne

Luckin
03-01-2005, 12:00
Čau, myslím že jsme tady 3 z ČR, ale pořád si pletu tebe (Elvain) s Elewynem :ycool:

Back to topic: Marriage can be also easy way to ruin your relationship with allies. I played for Bohemia and I had an alliance with Hungary. I married my prince to the princess of Hungary. After King of Hungary died, I claimed my right on 3 of their provinces but they refused it and declared war on me... I was already in war with Germany, so it wasn´t very pleasant.

Elvain
03-01-2005, 12:15
offtopic: No, je nás tu víc, ale Elewyn je moj starej nick:)

Back to topic:
Yes, if you claim your right when having bad relations, it leads to war automaticaly and you get no land.
When having good relations and you claim the land, you'll get it, but the relation is ruined, but not automaticaly a war. So I don't recomand claiming, even rightfully, land of your powerfull allies :)