PDA

View Full Version : Pope experiment that has interesting results

Largefry07
04-01-2005, 17:56
Yesterday I was playing as Spain. I noticed on the ticker that the pope was getting old. My King was a 5 star cleric and I wondered since I'm the most powerfulest kingdom if my king could become pope? So I tested it out. I saved the game under a different name and began my experiment. I put my middle aged king back into my court as a cleric so he could have a chance to be the pope. Over time I saved the game and called back my king to thr throne for him to have kids. (I already had one prince but needed more to fill my court). Through the experiment the king had a princess when he was on thr throne. After the brith of that princess I saved it and called the king back to the throne. Then a pope was elected while my king was on the throne and had a prince right after the pope was elected. (Dang I messed it. But I got a prince and I just saved the game a few minutes ago) So I saved that game and loaded the game before the pope was elected. I put my king as cleric in my court. He didn't get it. My king didn't get pope when the old pope died. But as my king was still a cleric in my court he had a son at the same time he had it in the last game.

So the result was that your king can't become pope but he can have childern while he is in your court. Or at least while he is a cleric that is idle.

Could this be a bug and did I find a trick in the game.

Jaw0hl
04-01-2005, 19:58
dont understand maybe iam so stupid:P i will think :D

Illuminatus!
04-01-2005, 22:46
In the demo (which, at maximum, can last for the life of two kings), I've only ever used my King as a Merchant trading with other countries (as opposed to an idle merchant or a governor Merchant) despite having played the demo a few dozen times, and I've gotten 3 princes and 3 princesses without any problems...If the king can *somehow* concieve with the queen while he's in a foriegn country (more power to him!), than I don't see why the King wouldn't be able to have heirs in any other role.

NoxMortus
06-01-2005, 17:04
Your king is able to have offspring while fulfilling all of the knightly roles. Just wouldn't be fun if you had to keep your king at court to just produce heirs.

wellbored
07-01-2005, 01:38
heh i've seen that a few times on here pll saying they sent the king back to court to make babies (lol) ive always found he seems to have a very big dick and :P his queen from the other side of europe lol

NoxMortus
07-01-2005, 03:17
You do realise that it was not uncommon nobles, yes even kings would take their wives along with them on campaigns and to foreign courts.

llxlVaNDaLlxll
07-01-2005, 07:02
well. i think it has todo with , that u lo0se the pope after u excommunicated one or more kingdoms, so if ur king becomes pope. u`d lo0se him either @ one point. that would bring ur court into troubble.

other thought. is the pope allowed to get kids?¿
maybe thats the other thing. u allready have kids as king. or a whife .. im not sure if a pope is allowed to have this ;)

so i just think thats no bug or anything .. that should be normal

Largefry07
07-01-2005, 23:23
I wasn't surprised to see that my king couldn't become the pope. I was surprised to see that he can produce offsrpings while he is perfroming a knight duty. That will give you more free knights in your court.