PDA

View Full Version : mongolian cavalry??????

OSDSET
08-01-2005, 19:30
How can i get the mongolian cavalry because its always shaded out in the politicel view-units??? Do i need to be a certain country or somthing like that??? please help!!!!

Zakarumite
08-01-2005, 19:43
you have to play as golden horde i think

Illuminatus!
08-01-2005, 19:55
Just curious, but how does an army of equal numbers of Mongolian Cavalry (or Steppe Cavalry) compare with equal numbers of Feudal Knights, with both marshals posessing no marshal skills (for the sake of comparison)?

OSDSET
09-01-2005, 16:39
you have to play as golden horde i think

ok thx!!!!!!

Kuno of Gersenau
09-01-2005, 19:20
Just curious, but how does an army of equal numbers of Mongolian Cavalry (or Steppe Cavalry) compare with equal numbers of Feudal Knights, with both marshals posessing no marshal skills (for the sake of comparison)?I would say that this depends on your tactic, if you let them soon fight man vs. man, then I think feudals would win, but if you make with the mongols the "shoot and run" tactic then you could have a good chance to win. (I think mongols are faster than feudals)

But I never tested it...

Elvain
10-01-2005, 00:38
@ODSET you definitely have to play for Golden Horde to get mongolian cavalry

@Illuminatius
mongolian or steppe cavalry will win (if they are on your side and you lead the battle yourself. They're much faster than feudals. I used tactic. Shoot untill they are very close, run, shoot once/twice, run again...

after some time feudals are too tired to charge on you so you have big advantage with them

but this is very ineffective in big numbers(3+squads)
and if your concentration is kept somewhere else for a while (controlling other units), feudal knights can easily destroy your lighter shoting riders in man to man fight

Zakarumite
10-01-2005, 14:08
another efficient tatic is you to spread your squads in two groups, then make the feudal knights folow one group and the other 1 to catch the marshall... it works fine and with small or none losses