PDA

View Full Version : No US release?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BelisariusI
09-01-2005, 20:05
I'm an American I was just wondering if it has any future release in the US at all.

Balrog
09-01-2005, 20:37
Yes there is, I got mine from Interactcd.com and I live in Canada. Use the "search" function of your browser, I'm sure you'll come up with something easily.

Sir Turylon
10-01-2005, 03:08
No, no US release. Also no North America release, or World release. You must import it from overseas.

I think Webmaster will notify us if there is one scheduled. Not holding my breath though.

Da_weasel
10-01-2005, 03:23
I got mine from ebay..and it wasn't to bad on getting here in a good maner

NoxMortus
10-01-2005, 05:31
You guys need to search a little harder. I managed to get one in Australia before christmas. As Balrog said, search the internet.

Picotrain
10-01-2005, 13:37
I think some of you misunderstood the question. The qustion was "I'm an American I was just wondering if it has any future release in the US at all." The game can be purchased online in North America, but the games are always imported from overseas by the company who is selling them. You cannot find the game readily available at any non-European retailer, such as EB games, thus the game has not been released in North America.

wellbored
10-01-2005, 15:00
nice to no we brits got something before the yanks for once lol

BelisariusI
10-01-2005, 21:33
nice to no we brits got something before the yanks for once lol
damn red backs! hehe jk.

it's really nice though. i actually just started browsing around, and i found out that there are alot of cool games that are non American. (Some are sold here too, but not given much attention by Ams)

I especially like rts, strategy, city building sim, and military, and i've found some really cool euro made games. (i love american games, but like seeing new things)

You guys know any cool strategy games similar to KoH? or strategy game in general? euro made would be cool, but if not any would do.

as for KoH, I think i'll buy it next time, cuz with the prize plus shipping, I think it'd be like seventy bucks, but its in my wish list for the future.

Illuminatus!
10-01-2005, 21:59
Gamespy has NA release date as "TBA 2005." :bconfused

BelisariusI
11-01-2005, 22:24
^really? I hope so. but some of the guys here already said that there'll nver be any...but it's not wrong to hope.

hongaman
12-01-2005, 07:04
It's really amusing that this game has not been officially released in the USA yet, while the title is Knights of 'Honor' :biggrin:
It's not Knights of Honour after all, is it.

William Blake
12-01-2005, 07:06
Amazingly you can find a sticked topic on this very forum about how to get the game in US.

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=2422

Illuminatus!
12-01-2005, 21:07
It's really amusing that this game has not been officially released in the USA yet, while the title is Knights of 'Honor' :biggrin:
It's not Knights of Honour after all, is it.

I hadn't noticed, but I wonder why European devs would overlook that.

Angryminer
12-01-2005, 21:12
In fact it wasn't overlooked. The discussion about the title was going on since november of 2003 on these forums.
At that time no one knew where KoH was to be released so I believe the name already aimed at an US distribution.

Angryminer

Illuminatus!
13-01-2005, 03:24
Then there's hope!

:angel:

Angryminer
13-01-2005, 10:37
No, sorry, no hope.
EA is the distributor of KoH and they clearly said "no" to an US distribution. Americans are suposed to play Rome:Total War and Battle for Middleearth I guess...

Angryminer

Lord-Piecemeal
13-01-2005, 10:49
Free market, seems to be going down the drain. :bash:

I have noticed this going on of late, and find It un-exceptable that a distributer now dictates weather or not It is going to send this or that game to another country, when Infact they have agreed to accepting the disturbution franchise.

You maybe right Angeryminer, but we need choice, not dictat as to what we should or should not buy.

Elvain
13-01-2005, 12:00
No, sorry, no hope.
EA is the distributor of KoH and they clearly said "no" to an US distribution. Americans are suposed to play Rome:Total War and Battle for Middleearth I guess...

Angryminer
so then I must sadly congratulate to SF that they have chosen the worse distributor they could.

Now I'm not curious why BSS has not enough money to support this almost perfect game until the end. Because they have chosen a bad distributor which doesn't want this game to have success I guess.
How can a PC game be successfull if it's not released in the biggest gaming market?

f**k the EA, it's their fault there will be no 2nd patch and that this game will end on halfway to be perfect, so will be forgotten soon!

sorry for that tone, but what the hell do the people in EA think? this is conscious harm of their partners. BSS and SF should do something against it.

PS: what is the reason of this EA's decission?

Angryminer
13-01-2005, 14:11
1. There is nearly no game studio in the world that can finance publishing and distribution by itself. Nearly all of them are obliged to their publishers so the programmers get their salary.
2. Sunflowers is the publisher. Usually the publisher decides when who has to work on what. But I really don't know who said what about which patch and who's to blame. So sorry, I don't know.
3. I can only speculate about EA's reasons not to distribute KoH in the US.

Angryminer

BelisariusI
13-01-2005, 16:19
^it's because of the Iraq thing. hehe. I've seen the British pulling down Bush's statue last year, and this is another one of those rally. hehe. (not making this political, just merely joking).