PDA

View Full Version : Buildings by wall and more...

Black Knight
30-12-2003, 00:36
Hi everyone

I have a question about buildings next to wall , i mean are they change structure like in "Stronghold" ??? , cause is look very good
and diversity game...for better understand check this link (http://stronghold.gry-online.pl/screen/oblezenie/4.jpg) and second link (http://stronghold.gry-online.pl/screen/oblezenie/2.jpg) . Another question is : when we will defend our castle is there will be option that let us build a trap like hole with pike and inflammable oil , you can se this on that link (http://stronghold.gry-online.pl/galeria/g29.jpg).Last simple question: is units can be put in to tower or only on tower??

I hope dev guys read this forum :rolleyes:
Any way game looks very very good...

silver
30-12-2003, 01:01
On the thread about "fansites" there is a link to a nice site ( http://www.the-battlefield.com/index.php?page=kohmain&game=koh ) that seems to mention hot oil etc in castle defence. Not sure if thats confirned or hopeful.
The Stronghold game looks nice - I might try the demo to keep me going until KoH is out.

Black Knight
30-12-2003, 01:42
hmmm... i saw many pictures on many sites but i cant still find answer about first question...
Any way i was thinking about wether and season in KoH like snow , rain etc. it will be realy nice to see a animation of snow droping from roof of the house on ground... :rolleyes:

Cork2
30-12-2003, 02:00
The devs/mods are on vacation they woun't be back until next year, so i will try to anwser your questions as best i can.

To your first question, i think you can not sure thought. Also this is not Stronghold this is Knights of Honor so don't expect the game to be similar to stronghold.

when we will defend our castle is there will be option that let us build a trap like hole with pike and inflammable oil

I am not sure if you can do this durring a siege but you can set ambushes for enemy armys.
You can have water around you castle as you can see in some screenshots, I think i heard the mods mention that there is hot oil wich you can pour onto your enemys from the wall, there are fire arrows.

is units can be put in to tower or only on tower

As far as we know you can only put units on top of walls, towers, castles, and other buildings. You can also put cattapults on them.

Any way i was thinking about wether and season in KoH like snow , rain etc. it will be realy nice to see a animation of snow droping from roof of the house on ground...

There are no Seasons or year counters. There is snow on some places but it will not snow, you woun't see snow flakes. There is Rain, but it woun't have any effect.

Oh and Welcome to the forums.

Black Knight
30-12-2003, 02:18
Thx Crok2 :go:

Lord Merritt the Brave
30-12-2003, 02:59
when playin stronghold I dont remember seeing stairs inside fallen down towers or pieces of wood at the bottom.....

Frank Fay
30-12-2003, 11:26
You can also add a oil cauldron to your castle gates to burn soldiers and battering rams.

Lord Merritt the Brave
30-12-2003, 18:06
for what stronghold or KoH

Cork2
30-12-2003, 18:44
Originally posted by Black Knight
Thx Crok2 :go:

No problem. :cheers: :cheers:

Originally posted by Lord Merritt the Brave
for what stronghold or KoH

It will be for Knights of Honor. We were talking about KoH. :cheers:

Lord Merritt the Brave
30-12-2003, 18:53
i knew that, i was only seeing if u did:p

Cork2
30-12-2003, 18:58
i knew that, i was only seeing if u did:p

Hehe and i did.:D

Lord Merritt the Brave
30-12-2003, 22:13
i hope everyone else does

Eteric
31-12-2003, 00:39
There is Rain, but it woun't have any effect.
I think the visual effect will be plenty enough.

Harry
31-12-2003, 12:15
when playin stronghold I dont remember seeing stairs inside fallen down towers or pieces of wood at the bottom.....

It was only when a tower had exactly 1 hitpoint left. Rarely encountered during dynamic play.
You could achieve this nice detail by entering the mapeditor, and bashing one tower till exactly 1 hp, then immediatly withdrawing the bashing force :)

Hooba
31-12-2003, 19:00
Will try that when I have the time

Greetz
Hooba

Cork2
31-12-2003, 20:54
Plz stay on topic guys. The mods/devs may be on vacation, but that doesn't mean we can talk about other games in a Knights of Honor only forums. If you would like to talk about stronghold move to off topic or that games forums.:cheers: