PDA

View Full Version : Advanced military units

Earl from east
10-01-2005, 12:05
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, playing the game for a day now. I wondered if some one can explain something to me.
Ok, I passed a quick tutorial but I can't get it. That's all about military units. I build in several cities (playing Scotland) same military objects/buildings but in a developed town I get just that high lander military units and low/simple ones like bowmen, spearman. I tried to build advanced military buildings but I can't get something like archers or cavalary.

I build in Highlands plate and scale military building without any efects. Just simple units.

Where is the trick/tip?

Thanks

Elvain
10-01-2005, 13:14
In each town you have some units which are available there. You can see them while hiring new units. Those units are constant, you won't have more units available.
Each province has pre-defined amount of units which are available there, it is not influenced by buildings

Heavy swordsman f.i. is not upgraded swordsman, but another unit, so when you have swordsmen available in the province, but not heavy swordsmen, building of plate armourer will not influence this.

It has some logic.
Feudal knights are local unit only in regions where historically was "heart" of feudal Europe(France, Germany, northern Spain), Vikings only in Scandinavia, Mameluks in the midle east, halberdiers in Italy, Switzerland and southern France etc.

To have "more developed" units you have to expand to "more developed" regions than Scotland

Earl from east
11-01-2005, 09:41
Thank you for you exhaustive answer. Now I understand and see a logic in the game; that should be correct.
Although I can't understand why there is an option in every province to build advanced military buildings which can't be used as no "advanced" units can't be build/produced.

That is a nonsense and should be corrected in the next patch if there will be any.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks again.

Elvain
11-01-2005, 11:19
I don't see any reason why shouldn't a player be not permitted to build some buildings. btw those buildings have some usage:plate armourer adds defense bonus to the town as well as sword mastersmithy, axe smithy adds workers etc. so even if those buildings have no usage in achieing better military units, they still give some bonuses to the town.

Earl from east
11-01-2005, 12:28
Yes, you are right.

Thanks for corrections, I forgot about military buildings bonus. I was concentrated to military units only.

Thank you again, this is what are forums for.