PDA

View Full Version : How to be a King!?

hongaman
11-01-2005, 03:31
Hi milords, it's my first post in this forum :blush:
I'm currently playing as Ulster...after uniting the Emerald Isle into the Earldom of Ireland, I conquered Britain and now expanding my territories to the continent.
But what upsets me a little bit is that I'm not still ruling over a Kingdom, but an Earldom. Even the German Emperor is my vassal. It's kina ridiculous that his imperial majesty's overlord is just an earl.

Is there any way to lift my Irish earl's title to the 'King of Ireland' or at least the Duke??

It's a petty thing I know, but then I'm really looking foward to giving him the title that he deserves :biggrin:

Largefry07
11-01-2005, 04:15
Welcome :cheers:

Nope. An earl is as good as a king in Ireland. Other kingdoms don't of the King title. The tuetonic order is Grand master, many kindoms are duchy. But they all mean the same thing.

Elvain
11-01-2005, 10:52
Welcome on the boards

I exactly know what you mean, hongaman.

Middle ages was time of hierarchy and symbolism paid a great role those times. Emperor would never agree to become vassal of an earl or count. Even a king would not be enough(NEVER! he would rather lose all his lands) Player should be able to claim higher titles, but unfortunately, there is no way to do this

we can suggest it as another point to be included in the next patch(if it will come)

leaven
18-01-2005, 15:39
Yeah you are right.. When I play as Poland it is Duchy all the time and my rulers are always Dukes which is not correct as Poland was Kingdom from 1025 to 1795. Changing of rulers' titles should be definitevly possible.

NoxMortus
19-01-2005, 07:42
You should be able to, as you choose what your rulers title is when you CREATE your PERSON. However, your marshalls will also be the same title.

leaven
21-01-2005, 06:55
You should be able to, as you choose what your rulers title is when you CREATE your PERSON. However, your marshalls will also be the same title.

This doesn't work. I created a profile with King title, started a new game and nothing changed. My ruler is still Duke.