PDA

View Full Version : How to Restore Dead Kingdoms...

jakes_button
13-01-2005, 14:48
Ok...So I hate to start new threads if this has already been covered but I have been looking over this forum for the past few weeks and have run a few searches and have come up with nothing. So here is my problem...while playing the demo as Bohemia, I conquered provence X (names not important) which was formally ruled by Hungry. Hungry had been eliminated earlyer in the game by some other Kingdom...can't remember who. Well, Hungry and I were good friends and I had heard some where that you could restore Kingdoms or grant provences their independence (note: I don't mean in the case of Bohemia being a vassal of Germany in the High period and declaring independence but what I mean is that you could take over Austria and instead of either keeping it for yourself or possibly giving it back to Germany you could make it an independent Kingdom.) So I was wondering...how do you do that?? Because as soon as I took over provence X rebels started marching all over the place wanting to restore the Hungarian thrown and I was happy to help them but didn't know how. So after awhile I got sick of there **** and put them down. So the next time that this happens...how do I just give them what they want??? Or if there are no rebels...how do I just make the provence independent or restore it to its former or orginal owner??

Thanks!
p.s. Sorry for any misspellings

Angryminer
13-01-2005, 14:52
Sorry, you can't do that.
I already began a discussion about this feature in december of 2003 or early 2004 (I don't remember exactly) but Frujin didn't think it was a good idea.

Angryminer

Elvain
13-01-2005, 17:02
Well... yes, We asked for it and I stil think it would be a nice feature, but devs refused it :sad:

But there might be a way:
If there is a kingdom you would like to be restored, invade one of their former provinces (for this you must be at war with new owner) and plunder villages there. After some time rebels and very probably loyalists(the sooner you do that, the more possible it is to have loyalists there) will emerge.
Go on plundering and try attack enemy marshalls which would like to kill rebels. Then, after some long time there may be possibility that rebels will attack the town and restore the kingdom (to me this didn't happen yet, but I tried it only once and after some time I had to pull my marshall back to defend my lands

jakes_button
13-01-2005, 18:26
Ok...So your saying that its not possible for myself to restore an old "Dead" Kingdom but it might be possible for its own loyalist to do so. All I have to do is to plunder around for awhile to try to get the loyalist to 'wake up' so to speak. But basically what you are saying is that they (the loyalists) are the only ones who can do this. Thanks a lot guys. I have been keep a close eye on these forums and have gotten a lot of good information from you guys without actually having to ask too many stupid questions myself. Sorry I had to start a new thread when one on this topic already existed. Thanks for your help again.

Elvain
13-01-2005, 18:35
it was soooo long ago so you have no reason to apoligize :)

Largefry07
14-01-2005, 01:52
I had a prov once with loyalest trying to restore their knigdom. I wanted to experiment with them. So I let them room around plundering everything they can. The loyalist got stronger by plunder for a while. They finally layed seige the town itself. I was kinda surprised by this. I was losing the battle and didn't want to lose a prov. So I sent reinforencements and broke the seige.

So you can restore a kingdom to some degree. But all you really do is nothing.

Lord-Piecemeal
14-01-2005, 02:07
So you can restore a kingdom to some degree. But all you really do is nothing.

Hmmm, Interesting, but you keep your province, 'yes'.

Maybe thats the key. :biggrin:

Largefry07
15-01-2005, 00:54
Yes I did keep my prov. I didn't want to pay for the same restate twice. :biggrin: But if I hadn't reinforced my town with my nearby army, the Ottoman empire would have been restored.

Oatmeal
15-01-2005, 11:34
Ok, so this is my first post here...
Anyway I've decided to post here how I myself restore dead kingdoms.
This will require some cheating so those that don't bother with cheats might as well not read onward.
Here it goes:
1.(And this is important) Pause the game.
2. Select rebels or loyalists that you wish to have a country formed/restored.
3. Cheat (So that the rebels don't go plundering when we want them to form a kingdom.) for turning the AI off.
4. Next is the cheat for switching sides. (Yes you can switch to rebels.)
5. With the game still paused order the rebels to attack a town.
6. Switch back to a kingdom so you don't lose the game when you unpause. (For not having any provinces.)
7. Unpause the game.
So now you have the rebels attacking your(or some other kingdom's) town. But since rebels are so weak(mostly because they always seem tohave extremely low morale) they'll probably lose. SO you might help them out a bit, but I leave it to you to decide how.
Oh, and one more thing. The new country will have its AI turned off so you'll have to turn it on again(cheat)

Diablo_
23-01-2005, 16:47
I was leading Serbian and i was very,very good with Hungarians,Thry lost all of their provinces exept 1.I was trying to help them keep that province but they died.I was returning home with my army when suddenly i saw Hungary restored.I was so happy.So you cant restore dead kindoms only rabels can do it.

Elvain
23-01-2005, 16:48
ooops.

It happened to me ultimately. I let rebels to plunder my province and they finaly attacked the town :smile: and took it :sad:

Pioneer
05-02-2005, 11:41
One problem with using rebels is that a territory could spawn rebels of a former kingdom, but it could also instead spawn rebels who take the county town declare independence as a county. I certainly wish Rome Total War retained this feature. It meant that a game would last and forced a MTW player to convert his provinces.

Diablo_
05-02-2005, 12:56
Now i"ve plundering one province of my wx ally and risk of rebelion was 50 but no rebels were "summoned".

DarkIllusion
06-02-2005, 02:56
One prob tough... if loyalists restore a kingdom after its dead, all ur conections to it will be gone ... like they dont' remember anything about you being a friend or ally... so its best to keep the prov urself