PDA

View Full Version : Questions

dsj
18-01-2005, 22:39
I have tried the demo and have some questions. First, are the europeans in the game stronger than the asians? eg.mongols. second, how is siege played out? and last, what happens when there are 2 of your armies fighting at the same time? which one do you control?

Elvain
19-01-2005, 09:50
hi, welcome on the forms.

1) strength and power of nations doesn't depend on culture. Mostly it depends on the player.

2) there are few possibilities to lead the siege:
a) from world view, that's real siege
b) you can assault the town instead long-lasting siege and the assault can be left to AI, so you watch it from world view, bot don't controll your armies
or c) you lead the assault personally by yourslef, you controll your armies, your siege equipment(if you have some) and it's really nice part of the game :go:

3) before each of battles starts, you are announced and you have choice to lead the battle on your own, or to leave it to AI. AI can lead simultaneously up to 9 battles(max. number of marshalls), you can lead only one of them. But some times it's better to lead it on your own, since AI is not as smart as you :smile:
before you start to play you chose if the game will pause during those battles or not

dsj
19-01-2005, 17:35
By looking at the units it seems to be that all of the good units are on the european side. If two battles happed at very close times how can you lead both of them? The game pauses during battles so you can have infinite time to command your armies?

hi, welcome on the forms.

1) strength and power of nations doesn't depend on culture. Mostly it depends on the player.

2) there are few possibilities to lead the siege:
a) from world view, that's real siege
b) you can assault the town instead long-lasting siege and the assault can be left to AI, so you watch it from world view, bot don't controll your armies
or c) you lead the assault personally by yourslef, you controll your armies, your siege equipment(if you have some) and it's really nice part of the game :go:

3) before each of battles starts, you are announced and you have choice to lead the battle on your own, or to leave it to AI. AI can lead simultaneously up to 9 battles(max. number of marshalls), you can lead only one of them. But some times it's better to lead it on your own, since AI is not as smart as you :smile:
before you start to play you chose if the game will pause during those battles or not

dsj
19-01-2005, 17:37
And what are exactly the single player campiagns?

Angryminer
19-01-2005, 17:45
1. At the beginning of the campaign you can choose wether the game should pause during battles or not.
2. The number of campaigns is infinite. You can play each nation in 3 different periods and each game doesn't follow a linear storyline. :go:

Angryminer

dsj
19-01-2005, 20:03
Isn't there any single player campiagns consisting of missions like in the age of empires?

1. At the beginning of the campaign you can choose wether the game should pause during battles or not.
2. The number of campaigns is infinite. You can play each nation in 3 different periods and each game doesn't follow a linear storyline. :go:

Angryminer

Grand Master Winz of Teutons
19-01-2005, 20:09
No they don't have missions like in Age of Empires this game is solely based on conquering all of europe and building an immense empire

DarkIllusion
19-01-2005, 22:44
I got a question about the demo...
What causes the game to end with the screen saying "My Lord the demo version of the game is over"... soemthing like that. Wut triggers this?

Angryminer
19-01-2005, 23:09
The end of the demo is triggered by two events. Either your second king died or you have, including your start-provinces, conquered 7 provinces (you don't need to control 7 simultaniously).

Angryminer

dsj
20-01-2005, 01:27
This site dosen't give much detail. Exactly which nation or culture can build which unit?

Elvain
20-01-2005, 11:07
each kingdom(not only culture, you dont play cultures as in AoE,but kingdoms) has different units. But do you want from me, to type here all units to all of over 100 playable kingdoms?
ask me a kingdom and I can tell you which units they have as kingdoms special :go:

Irish
20-01-2005, 14:58
I have an admirality, now how do I get silk?

Elvain
20-01-2005, 15:35
click at anchor, click at silk :)

dsj
20-01-2005, 17:53
each kingdom(not only culture, you dont play cultures as in AoE,but kingdoms) has different units. But do you want from me, to type here all units to all of over 100 playable kingdoms?
ask me a kingdom and I can tell you which units they have as kingdoms special :go:
Do the arabs and mongols get the knights, heavy crossbow men, halberdiers and men at arms? And are the asian units much better than the european ones?

Da_weasel
20-01-2005, 20:29
dsj haven't played the mongols or arabs but i don't think thy have knights ,men at arms,heavy crossbowmen.I play as hungry and I have men-at-armss,horse archers,steep calvery.But other rovinces can other units.And to say if asian armies are better than european armies,well that would depend on who is fighting who.

dsj
27-01-2005, 03:47
Are the asian nations really hard in the game? And the game is pretty expensive.

Elvain
27-01-2005, 08:04
"asian" kingdoms (so muslim kingdoms + pagans of Golden Horde and Khazars + some orthodox like Armenia , Georgia and Trebizond) are as hard as all others, "europeans" and "africans". It doesn't depend on "continent". Neither religion is so important (in making the game "harder" or "easier") each religion has it's +'s and -'s