PDA

View Full Version : Grand Duke of Lithuania

Siautas
02-01-2004, 09:10
My question is to creators of this very promising looking game :cheers: : will be possible to play for Grand Duke of Lithuania in Knights of Honour?

Second question: what about Lithuanian Dukes and nobles names in Your game?

The problem is that many not bad games (like MTW, Knights of the Cross) are very far from historical authenticity:mad: . Hope this mistake will be not present in Kings of Honour (some screenshots gives hope for that).

Central and Eastern Europe's medieval history cannot be fully understood without some familiarity of Lithuania's medieval history. Medieval Lithuania included also the territory of modern Belarus and the greater part of Ukraine and had strongly influenced the historical fate of Poland and the other countries in the region.
Lithuania was first mentioned in 1009, formed a state ca. 1183, and developed into a powerful empire in the 14th century. It survived and gained power in the constant fight with the Teutonic Knights, supported by almost the whole of Catholic Europe, the Tartar hordes and Muscovite Russia.
In 1386, Polish nobles had elected a pagan ruler of Lithuania - Jogaila (Jagiello), King of Poland (territory of Poland that time was 1/6 of Grand Duke of Lithuania territory :rolleyes: ), who was christened then. He christened Lithuania one year later. This laid the foundation for the future Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania. Jogaila's successors were successfully expanding their political influence during the 15th century.
In the end of the Middle Ages almost the whole Central Europe was ruled by the dynasty of the Lithuanian origin - Jagiellonians. The lands of the three brothers Jagiellonians: Wladislas, the King of Bohemia and Hungary, John Albert, the King of Poland, and Alexander, the Grand Duke of Lithuania, formed a Jagiellonian political system, which existed in 1492-1526.

Tnx

@peace :angel:

Siautas
02-01-2004, 09:22
...and Happy New Year to all:rolleyes:

Elewyn
02-01-2004, 11:12
Hi, Siautas. Welcome here in KoH forum.

Lithuania IS one of playable nations!! As you said, Lithuania influenced most of central europe (almost all not-german).

I hope there will be some most famous names of Lithuanian grand dukes and nobles, but I don't think we'll be able to create our names to knights or kings...
Maybe its said somewhere else, I'm gonna search for it...

Siautas
02-01-2004, 12:04
tnx Elewyn :cheers: for answer.

It's great news for me, my fellows and all lovers of Grand Duke of Lithuania.;)

hope Bohemia will be playeble natios as well:rolleyes: .

By the way when this game will be released (2Q 2004...sounds very unconcerned)?

Elewyn
02-01-2004, 12:09
So, just see other threads, there you can find lots of info...
Here thread about nations...
http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88

...and here is answer on your question about names... :(
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Sorry guys, but you cant name your own Kingdom, Knight or King. That has several reasons. One of them is that the Knights have a persistent data, which means when you meet them in the game they always will have the same attributes. It allows you to incorporate them in your personal strategy. Technically it would be a peace of cake but it is on intention. The Knights will have real medieval names and titles and there will be also local Knights. Means for example Knights with French names will come to your court once you own Realms on french territory. Regarding the Kings, the player will choose a historical King from a selection, depending on the choosen fraction.

RoLBaC
02-01-2004, 12:21
Hello Siautas,

I fully agree with you about historical authenticity, but now is hard to say when the games comes out of darkness. Then we will see all + and - this game.

S.Y.

RoLBaC