PDA

View Full Version : Troubled new provinces

CHAZZ
05-02-2005, 16:15
Could someone, please, point out to me how to best 'pacify' those new 'acquired' provinces?
I am playing as the Brits (eh, Cornwall and Kent) and just completed conquering ireland. All is well, except for the rebels (loyalists). They keep spawning and messing around forcing me to keep there one third-class Marshall running around and quelling rebellions when i could use his slot for one much more useful Marshall for my future conquest of the European continent! :bland:

Thanks.

Chazz.

Elvain
07-02-2005, 18:07
deploy a cleric to the province, collect 1000 books and click at cleric action "adopt population"
it kills nostalgy, so no loyallists will be there

CHAZZ
07-02-2005, 18:12
Thankyou Elvain!
The very moment i posted another new thread about that, i noticed you replied to my former post.
But, what is that 'nostalgia'? I cant find that feature in my game? I am playing the out-of-box version, no patches. I click on the 'happiness' icon, and get a set of happines functions, like: Kingdom, province buildings, religion, wars etc, all affectiong my province happiness, but 'Nostalgia' is nowhere to be seen. i also did that, adopted all of my provinces, and the happiness increases, but looks like it falls slowly down again after some time..

What can i do, and where can i check the Nostalgia rating??
Thanks.
Chazz.

Elvain
07-02-2005, 18:18
check province happiness (right of province development), click at "wars" rating and you'll find nostalgia there (if there is any)

CHAZZ
07-02-2005, 18:39
Elvain, i found it!! :bowdown:
Ha! I feel soo dumb. :bland: (i hope i only FEEl dumb he he.. :biggrin: )
Didnt think the ratings were 'clickable'!!
Actually, there ARE some provinces with 10 nostalgia!!!!(can it be higher than 10?? must snatch another province and see myself).

One more thing: i see also something like '...Battles fought in province...+25..' and that particular province never rebels. It seems, the more battles you win in any given province, the better your rating is in that province. Nice feature, sounds logical.

Thanks again, i'm off to kill off that annoying nostalgia thing.
Man. almost ditched the game because of that....Maybe i should listen to the oldest man in my village when he says....'read the f*** manual, son!' :biggrin: :biggrin:

Chazz.

Elvain
07-02-2005, 18:44
almost everybody has this problem with seeking nostalgia :smile:

CHAZZ
07-02-2005, 18:59
almost everybody has this problem with seeking nostalgia :smile:

Really?Sometimes i wish the developers putted some more effort on making everything more user-friendly. Expecially the map. I find the map in Medieval TW is better. Here it took me some time to be even able to check which province had those natural richness (my fault, but it was not all that intuitive in first place). Now its OK, but still...on the other side, i do understand they*the resources) are randomized at every game start(with who knows which other factors too). But still, the whole map looks rather....barren to me.
The armies could be way better depicted, the resources too, etc. Maybe its just me tho.
I was soo used at those Shogun TW and Medieval TW maps, that i subjectively compare every other game 's feature to them. :bland:
Though, the whole thing about the 'heroes', the Marshalls, Spies, Clerics, Landlords etc, and their very-much customizable 'perks' is absolutely blowing me off.
The game (to me ) is about 10 days old, and i already have 'Specialized' Marshalls: some with high speed and advantage against peasants, lots of mounted units so as fast as possible, and other, front-line Marshalls with tons of longbowmen and Teutonic knights for hard battles(no battle is hard when one-on-one, but if i am outnumbered like 3-to-1 (armies) it can get rough. Expecially if i must ferry over any lost unit of Longbowmen alll the way from Wessex heartland.

All in all, so far-so good. The 'Nostalgia' thing was a mess, but will be resolved soon, i hope. Another letdown was my whole army rebelling. I was quite angry, and kept reloading, and noticed that 2 of my marshalls were spies. Now i play more cautiously.Also learned to use at least one hi-lvl cleric and one hi-lvl spy etc.

Bottom line: the game has its potentials.

Chazz.