PDA

View Full Version : Trade contract

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sir Jack
05-01-2004, 15:31
Is it possible to make a trade contract with an other kingdom ?
when yes, in which way is it possible to trade ?:cool:

Frank Fay
05-01-2004, 17:51
You can ask another King to backup your treasury or pay a tribute for instance.

You can also have a trade agreement which will grant you a regular extra income.

But there is no trade like selling goods for the best price etc.

Henrik
05-01-2004, 18:57
No, and thats nice, coz then we would have do micromanagement and in this game that's not our job according to Frank.

Cork2
05-01-2004, 19:46
I don't like to trade with other rullers anywho.

Elewyn
05-01-2004, 19:57
I'd like to trade.
For me the best way to rule Europe is through the diplomacy and economy

Henrik
05-01-2004, 20:47
I also like the trade and economy business i think that it make the game so much more versatile.

oooooohhh, btw, Elewyn ! I think that you've forgot the deplomacy issue but other than that i think you are right :)

Cork2
06-01-2004, 00:17
This is a empire conquering game not empire trading game. :cheers:

Elewyn
06-01-2004, 15:55
I know, but when you rule the world trade, you're more powerful than others. I only like to cut sbdy off some resource if I can etc. That's what GOOD kings could do
For me it's some kind of diplomatical action, not micromanagement.

Why the US are the most powerful country now? Why the UK was in 19th cent?

Sir Jack
06-01-2004, 19:11
It`s ok that trading is not the main part of the game, but a little bit I think, because in a preview of the game in a game magazine, they wrote about trading in the harbours, but not in which way. :confused:

Perhaps you can trade between the continents with the goods which you can`t produce by self. :cool:

Frank Fay
06-01-2004, 20:17
That point about "trading" resources was a bit misleading in that article.

You can "import" one resource per harbor. You say "import" to the harbor and chooses which resource you want. And after a while it is there. But it is more like switch.

Henrik
06-01-2004, 20:54
Originally posted by Frank Fay
That point about "trading" resources was a bit misleading in that article.

You can "import" one resource per harbor. You say "import" to the harbor and chooses which resource you want. And after a while it is there. But it is more like switch.

Are there some "good" reason to why, as i understand it, you can't import several ressources at a time i.e if you lack sufficient quantities of both wood and stone :scratch: ?

Sir Jack
06-01-2004, 21:20
We can not trade, but we can import goods.For what do we need these goods when not for trading ? :confused:

Arjenvs
06-01-2004, 22:55
Originally posted by Sir Jack
We can not trade, but we can import goods.For what do we need these goods when not for trading ? :confused:

For use...:D .....

It appears now there wil be trading in the game...but only to get some resources that you have too few from.....but not for profitable purposes.....I think...:cheers:

Cork2
07-01-2004, 02:34
Originally posted by Sir Jack

THose would be for hirring mercenarys, Diplomicy and i think i heard the mod say that they might have some special effect to you towns or something.

Frank Fay
07-01-2004, 09:06
The imported resources are related to a very interesting feature which we will reveal in greater detail later. But maybe one "hint": as more different you have, as better for your entire kingdom. Also these resources work closely together with another typ of resources which are spreaded over the gameworld and only available in some realms.

Henrik
07-01-2004, 11:02
Now that didn't clear things up :( ......as always we'll have to wait and see, *whisper* but i'd sure like know it right now - like the rest of the guys !

Frank Fay
07-01-2004, 14:46
I know ... we would love to share everything but we can't :-(

Angryminer
07-01-2004, 16:16
You mean we can trade things like marble and ink to enable those "Kingdom Features" like 'Round Table' (+ knight-loyalty) without being in possesion of a realm which produces such a resource?
Nice ;) .

Angryminer

[ Frank Fay: You can't share everything, but we can ;) ]

Frank Fay
07-01-2004, 17:08
no, you dont trade at all.

If you have imported that resource, it appears on top of the harbor. If you have more of these and of the other type if resource (Advanced Resource) it gives you a Kingdom Advantage. But if you loose the harbor or realm, then the resource is owned by someone else.

But you do not trade it.

Cork2
07-01-2004, 17:27
Oh okay, now i understand it a bit better.