PDA

View Full Version : religion/church

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Sir Jack
05-01-2004, 15:38
What role does the church play in this game ? :confused:
In Lords of the Realm 3 it will give bishop provinces.
In Knight of Honor, too ?

Jorghan
05-01-2004, 15:53
No, you only have knights to rule your provinces (realms). The developers haven't clarified yet what impact on gameplay the church has.

Frank Fay
05-01-2004, 17:50
A church or monastery is producing piety...but what you can do with piety will be revealed at a later stage.

Cork2
05-01-2004, 18:28
Oh man, now we have to wait.:eek: :=( :sad:

Henrik
05-01-2004, 18:49
Originally posted by Frank Fay
A church or monastery is producing piety...but what you can do with piety will be revealed at a later stage.

Then I'll guess we'll have to discuss it among us users - hey guys meabe we can figure it out for ourselves.

I'll start: I don't think that it has anything to do with fame, coz the devs has already told us about that one !

My guess is that it is related to the knights in some way :confused:

Elewyn
05-01-2004, 20:00
And what about "enemyship" between catholics, orthodox and muslims?
Maybe already asked somewhere else...but ...

???

Henrik
05-01-2004, 20:56
Maybe i've got it - imagine this senario: you have been a REALLY nasty follow, then maybe you can use the piety to pay for your sins - like the catholics do !

I'll hope that i'm not offending anyone *sounds a bit worried*

Frank Fay
05-01-2004, 21:12
And what about "enemyship" between catholics, orthodox and muslims?

No, we have only one religion for all.

Cork2
06-01-2004, 00:15
What relegion would that be?

Jorghan
06-01-2004, 01:10
Let me guess... hinduism? :p

Frank Fay
06-01-2004, 08:56
It is just called religion.

Elewyn
06-01-2004, 16:06
And maybe for some of us we can specify it and call it CHRISTIANITY :angel:

StephenFeherty
06-01-2004, 17:18
I think the religion will decided a part of the loyality-score !
Maybe, the loyality is more down if catholics rules over a orthodox province. I presume that it will be possbible to take influence to the religion score with religion buildings or technologies like in MediEval - Total War or Age of Empires 2 ( ok, there was no "Religion score" or populations loyality in AoE 2 :rolleyes: ).

Frank Fay
06-01-2004, 19:04
yes Christianity is a good description. But we do not differenciate it further.

Henrik
06-01-2004, 20:59
I still think that you can use the piety to pay for your sins ;) - how would it ever be possible to be regarded as "a nice guy" again after you have been a not so nice guy for a while ;)

So piety is used for the kissing an making up :D ( i think ! )

Godd
06-01-2004, 21:14
very creative henrik :D

i think you need piety for certain spy and diplomatic options.
like when your piety is higher then those off your opponent you can manipulate his overall religion rate by letting spy's spreading the word that your god is better, resulting in demonstration wich offcourse lowers your enemies production rate and/or fight spirit.
and with lots off piety dimplomatic leaders will have more respect for you, the AI will be more helpfull towards your demands. stuff like that.

Sir Jack
06-01-2004, 21:31
If I had know that this Post will have such dimensions (Christian, Hindu, Ortodox,.........) :angel: :peace: :peace: :peace: :yawn:

Henrik
06-01-2004, 22:39
Originally posted by Godd
very creative henrik :D

i think you need piety for certain spy and diplomatic options.
like when your piety is higher then those off your opponent you can manipulate his overall religion rate by letting spy's spreading the word that your god is better, resulting in demonstration wich offcourse lowers your enemies production rate and/or fight spirit.
and with lots off piety dimplomatic leaders will have more respect for you, the AI will be more helpfull towards your demands. stuff like that.

Hi Godd :)
I'm affraid that you are slightly offcourse here I.e. according to Frank there is only one religion in the game and that is christianity, just take a look at these qoutes:
Elewyn: And maybe for some of us we can specify it and call it CHRISTIANITY
And Frank replies:
Frank Fay: yes Christianity is a good description. But we do not differenciate it further.

So I still think that piety has something to do with some sort of an ability to pay for your "sins"

Elewyn
06-01-2004, 22:49
Good job, Godd. But yes, there's such a problem with only one God(not Godd!!! :D) and only one religion. But it's not such a problem, cause you can look like the one who God loves (God loves you, you're...errr..how to say it?.... Neo from Matrix?)

Cork2
07-01-2004, 02:45
Originally posted by Henrik
Hi Godd :)
I'm affraid that you are slightly offcourse here I.e. according to Frank there is only one religion in the game and that is christianity, just take a look at these qoutes:

Sorry but he actually said

It is just called religion.
and

yes Christianity is a good description. But we do not differenciate it further.

It is still just call religion.:cheers: