PDA

View Full Version : Germany vs. Holy Roman Empire

Elvain
09-02-2005, 01:41
Hi, there was a looong thread about this issue. Now most of us are experienced with the game, so I ask you if you would like to have rather Holy Roman Empire or Germany in the game.

Honestly, I have changed my mind a little, so I agree with situation in early period (after division of Frankish empire to 3 parts and then Lotharingia to another 3 parts, so there are France, Lotharingia+Burgundy+Italy and Germany). I also agree with late period situation, where is most of most important duchies of the HRE and the rest is called Germany.
But I woudl change high period, delete Italy and make strong and large Holy Roman Empire and league of Lombardy as it's only italian opponent.
To early and late periods I would add option to unite holy roman empire for all kingdoms which were parts of it north of Alps (Germany, Austria, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg, Pomerania, Palatinat and also Bavaria which I added to the game) as a quest.

so I would like you to express how would you like it...
I would like to give you possibility to download this quest as soon as possible (probably in the end of this week)

Angryminer
09-02-2005, 11:48
Hi Elvain!
You know my opinion. HRE all the way! :go:

Angryminer

Elvain
10-02-2005, 15:57
yea :go:

PS: guys, multiple vote is possible

Elvain
13-02-2005, 02:09
well, last day to decide, guys....
it seems that all states will have this option:
Austria, Boemia, Brandenburg, Palatinat, Italy, Tuscany, Germany and Mecklenburg

eventhough in this thread Italian states are on the top too, I won't enable this quest to those:
Venice: Never was part of HRE
Lombardy: in high period I created league of Lombardy as italian opponent of the HRE, it couln't unite HRE
Genoa: same like Venice
Pomerania: In the game it's more Polish than German state

so possibility for:
Germany - I use it (in my mod) as "small states of HRE" it represents power of smaller states whose kings may also become emperor(in late period) and in Otton empire in early period it is pre-HRE Germany, which, after conquest of Italy, can reunite HRE
Austria - one of leading forces in later HRE, it's dukes and archdukes claimed many times tilte of HREmperor
Bohemia - first of electors, king of Bohemia was the decisive power in imperial elections, kings of Bohemia were many times emperors, even if not Germans
Brandenburg - one of electorate states
Bavaria - one of larger german states (only in my mod which will come soon)
Palatinat - one of electorate states
Mecklenburg - one of german states, just to make it equal toother g.s.

since this game is about possible history, I will enable this quest also to:
Italy - kingdom of Italy in the early period. It deserve chance that was in real history disabled and survived only in Germany
Tuscany - in the late period - the only "italian state" which didn't fought against authority of Empire, comming form Germany(maybe because there was no real state of Tuscany)