PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions

ArchSoul
05-01-2004, 21:16
Hi,
i just heard about this game on a dutch gamer site, and im already waiting for it, it sounds very cool to me !

but i have a couple of questions, wich i hope you will be able to answer..

1) will it be possible to start new citys?
2) will it be possible to build defence along your border ? (like guarding towers and like the chinese wall)
3)will it be possible to buy land from your neightbours?
4)will it be possible to make secret alliances, whitout the target country knowing of it?

and there is still no news about a beta test, is there?

hope someone can answer my questions

-ArchSoul

Cork2
06-01-2004, 00:15
1) No
2)I don't know about borders but you can fortifiy your farms built walls and towers
3)Maybe, good question.
4)I don't think so.

I doubt there is going to be a beta. There defenatly is going to be a demo which will be released before the game is released.

Elewyn
06-01-2004, 15:40
1,2 I agree with Cork2
3) I think you can. Maybe not so easily and you prolly pay a lot but I'm almost sure you can
4) I hope so!! (But maybe he would see it-when you attack him together :D :cheers: )

Jorghan
06-01-2004, 17:39
1,2) Like the others, no.
3) From examples I have heard, the diplomacy system seems to allow it. For example, you could offer a certain piece of land for sale in exchange for gold, as a diplomatic option.
4) I had some indications that this might be possible.

Elewyn
06-01-2004, 18:31
more sophisticated but with almost the same meaning ;)
:cheers:

ArchSoul
06-01-2004, 18:59
at first, thnx everyone for the reply's :)

Like the everyone might know, a game is a succes by its community, and to keep the community buzzy, editor tools are an requirement..so....will there be an map/unit editor in the game to make custom maps ?if you ask me, thats a very important thing.
see games like warcraft, wo are being kept alive by its editor tools, and rise of nations, which has a severe lack of proper editting tools.

Arjenvs
06-01-2004, 22:52
Originally posted by ArchSoul
at first, thnx everyone for the reply's :)

Like the everyone might know, a game is a succes by its community, and to keep the community buzzy, editor tools are an requirement..so....will there be an map/unit editor in the game to make custom maps ?if you ask me, thats a very important thing.
see games like warcraft, wo are being kept alive by its editor tools, and rise of nations, which has a severe lack of proper editting tools.

The devs said they were thinking about it......don't think it wil be in the first release.....maybe Patch or add-on

Cork2
07-01-2004, 02:37
I agree with Arjenvs. :cheers:

EricTheRed
07-01-2004, 23:07
Good questions and good answers! IHave A Question myself, Does anyone know wethere or not you will be able to "buy off" Another kin'gs armies or perhaps a rebel army in order to turn the soldiers againts their ruler. If you can that will be sweet and it will deffinately make the economic stauts of your king play a much larger role in the game.:cheers:

Cork2
08-01-2004, 03:57
Originally posted by EricTheRed
Good questions and good answers! IHave A Question myself, Does anyone know wethere or not you will be able to "buy off" Another kin'gs armies or perhaps a rebel army in order to turn the soldiers againts their ruler. If you can that will be sweet and it will deffinately make the economic stauts of your king play a much larger role in the game.:cheers:

Well if you mean that you can bribe then yes. You can bribe a enemys knight who has his own army and have him rebel against the king or maby join you. I think you can aslo bribe rebel i am not sure if they will join you or attack your enemy or both. You can bribe alot of people if i am not mistaken.

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 04:06
Thanks cork2

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 04:07
Do You Know if you will have total control over the knight's army once you have successfully bribed him?

Cork2
08-01-2004, 04:16
Now remember i am gessing in the topic above. I have heard some from a mod/dev and the res is gessing. You defenatly can bribe some one to rebel against someone or king or join you.

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 04:18
Originally posted by Cork2
Now remember i am gessing in the topic above. I have heard some from a mod/dev and the res is gessing. You defenatly can bribe some one to rebel against someone or king or join you. Cool with me I did read at a website that you could bribe knights of to rebel against there king or join you so you were right about that. It came straight from the horses mouth at http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=19347