PDA

View Full Version : Cheats

Pages : [1] 2 3

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 05:02
As you All well know being Rts Gamers. Developers can come up with some very interesting cheats. As IN The Cobra Car in Age of empires the fighting panda bear in Age Of Mythology. Just little extras that make a game fun when you don't feel like being serious about playing at the time ( I understand this maybe hard to understand for some of you, not being serious and all) But I was wondering what would be some of your suggestions for some very cool cheats for KOH. That is if the devs decide to put some in the game.

Nike
08-01-2004, 08:53
Yeah, in AOE 1 I liked very much the idea of strange units like photon man, robot etc. It was very funny to watch the enemy slingers and bowmen dying from your cars and robots. But it was too easy to play with those cheats - it was just for fun.

G_R
08-01-2004, 09:25
Well maybe they can make cheats but which can not be used in Campaigns but only in lets say Skirsmish.
That way you can't cheat to win the missions but if you feel like it you can have a little fun in Skirmish.

Sorry to say this but i'm almost 100% s**** that there won't be any cheats in KoH!

BLOODUK
08-01-2004, 12:00
There are always cheats in a game any game albeit a trainer or typed text.

:D

G_R
08-01-2004, 12:43
I'm not talking about programing , I'm talking about cheats which can be used by anyone (the old ENTER-type-i am god- passwords)!:D

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 14:39
Originally posted by G_R
I'm not talking about programing , I'm talking about cheats which can be used by anyone (the old ENTER-type-i am god- passwords)!:D What info do you have that makes you think there won't be any?

Jorghan
08-01-2004, 15:09
But what you Eric are talking about are easter eggs really, and not actual cheats. Easter eggs may be funny, if you have to do something special to get them, I don't think there should be strange elements in a otherwise normal game unless you call for them.

Cheats of the other hand I can do without, they just ruin the fun. Once you know how to become immortal there is no challenge anymore. The only time I have felt any need for cheats has been when the game has been flawed so that certain parts have been practicly unplayable or just simply boring.

G_R
08-01-2004, 16:16
Originally posted by EricTheRed
What info do you have that makes you think there won't be any?

Well Frank Fay and me were having a discussion on cheats in KoH and he told me that there won't be any! The thing is I can't seem to find that discussion. But i'm s**** that he'll show up in the forum and you can ask him personaly.

Rnett
08-01-2004, 17:48
Originally posted by Jorghan

Cheats of the other hand I can do without, they just ruin the fun. Once you know how to become immortal there is no challenge anymore. The only time I have felt any need for cheats has been when the game has been flawed so that certain parts have been practicly unplayable or just simply boring.

I totally agree with you. I've seen in other forums where gamers want cheats, because they've done everything there is to do in the game " been there, done that" and pretty much mastered the game. For me anyways, once I get to that point it's usually time to look for another game then. Personally, I don't like cheats myself, but thats just the way I am. No offense meant towards anyone:)

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 17:56
Originally posted by Jorghan
But what you Eric are talking about are easter eggs really, and not actual cheats. Easter eggs may be funny, if you have to do something special to get them, I don't think there should be strange elements in a otherwise normal game unless you call for them.

Cheats of the other hand I can do without, they just ruin the fun. Once you know how to become immortal there is no challenge anymore. The only time I have felt any need for cheats has been when the game has been flawed so that certain parts have been practicly unplayable or just simply boring. I am also referring to cheats as well as easter eggs and it IS fun when you are running low on cash and you can just make some to buy off some land or create a large army quickly especially if you have a large paper due or have to study for finals and you don't want to play a game that will take all day you just wanna have it over with quick. that's all i'm sayin.

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 17:58
Originally posted by Rnett
I totally agree with you. I've seen in other forums where gamers want cheats, because they've done everything there is to do in the game " been there, done that" and pretty much mastered the game. For me anyways, once I get to that point it's usually time to look for another game then. Personally, I don't like cheats myself, but thats just the way I am. No offense meant towards anyone:) Maybe everyone doesn't like shelling out fifty bucks everytime they get bored with one of their games.

EricTheRed
08-01-2004, 18:00
I aksed for idea for cheats by people who do not think that it's just the worst thing on earth to have an egde when your bored with playing it over and over so some positive ideas would be nice.

Snowden
09-01-2004, 21:26
I dont want anyone to take this in a bad way but I hope that cheats are not included. Not only does it often ruin the fun of a game but cheats often get used in multiplayer situations to spoil the balance of the gameplay, even if they are not initially supposed to work in multiplayer.

Instead if cheats I would suggest that a sandbox mode or similar is included where players can have infinite resources or the like. This way cheating in its normal sense is avoided. I wouldnt personally play it but some ppl maybe would like to. What do you think?

Finellach
09-01-2004, 23:11
Perhaps the cheats should work only once you beat the game once, not before that. :bday:

EricTheRed
10-01-2004, 19:45
I don't understand, why would you care wether cheats are included or not if you are not going to use them. If you don't want them in the game just don't use them. Don't ruin it for the people who do like to use them to have an edge. Everyone is acting like theyve never used cheats ever in their life. I personally think they are cool.

Snowden
10-01-2004, 20:03
But what if someone uses them against you in multiplayer? Wouldnt that ruin the fun for you?

EricTheRed
10-01-2004, 20:05
Originally posted by Snowden
But what if someone uses them against you in multiplayer? Wouldnt that ruin the fun for you? Not if they are unavailiable in multiplayer.

Snowden
10-01-2004, 20:09
Well if its totally impossible to use them in multiplayer then I agree with you. The problem is that cheats can usually be enabled somehow by people who know a little bit about modding and editing. IF there are cheats hopefully nobody will be "smart" enough to do that though. :)

EricTheRed
10-01-2004, 20:11
Originally posted by Snowden
Well if its totally impossible to use them in multiplayer then I agree with you. The problem is that cheats can usually be enabled somehow by people who know a little bit about modding and editing. IF there are cheats hopefully nobody will be "smart" enough to do that though. :) Yes I agree totally witht he fact that it really ****s when people cheat in mulitplayer I have had problems with that numerous times then they act like it's perfectly normal to be able to produce 1200 units with thirty seconds and that they did not cheat but this is getting off the topic of koh

Lord Nicko
11-01-2004, 13:35
Cheats **** and are used when you have given up trying!

Once you start using cheats in a game you quickly lose interest in the game and play something else.

I say keep cheats out :)