Nightmare
22-02-2005, 01:05
If a new patch was made, could it include option to have more

knights at once. I can never have enough knights to do all

objectives without exiling and then hiring nerw knight. So yeah

i'd want more knights.

Anguille2
22-02-2005, 07:58
Actually, i think we should need less knights. They have to be very special. Management of the court is an important part of the game.

el_slapper
22-02-2005, 09:59
Nope. This is a part of gamebalance, and also a limit that prevents you from conquering everything.

Master
22-02-2005, 21:40
I say YES. Because it's hard to play with southern kingdoms and with eastern europe, such as russia or golden horde etc. when you have only 9 places for all specialities

Elvain
24-02-2005, 17:03
I vote NO. It is part of the game balance. There was so many complaints about how is the game easy and this is very important for your strategy. It would be sooo easy to have 4 marshalls (2attcking, 2 policemen), 2 clerics to rise your books, 2 merchants to rise your money, 2 spies to protect court and to do some offensive espionage and eventual builder and landlord(with low upkeeps as in official versions of the game)
but you have to consider what is more important for you.
I would only suggest dungeon for prisoners, that is theonly thing about "adding some space for knights"

Da_weasel
24-02-2005, 20:30
I agree with elvain,I would say add a dungeon,for prisoners so it don't take a spot on your court.

Tzar Kalojan
01-03-2005, 22:19
Nope. This is a part of gamebalance, and also a limit that prevents you from conquering everything.

yah but if you don't have any mod on your computer, it's way too easy to beat the game, even on hard. All you need is 2-3 marshals a cleric and maybe a merchant. What needs to be done is improve the AI, the way they fight, what they build etc.

Master King
31-03-2005, 10:42
:cheers: I whould agree with Elvain in the matter of dungeons. I could use a prison beside the places at the "knights table". It would mean a lot to the foreign affairs, if you could improve relations with another knigdom :cheers:

Marshal of Doom
02-04-2005, 05:13
I voted yes to this poll. What I really want is to have a choice: will your knights be limited by 9 or by kingdom size? I would like this so, say, a 1-province kingdom would get 5 knights while a 25-province kingdom would get, suppose, 15 knights. I tell you I'm playing as HRE (Holy Roman Empire/Germany) and I have conquered enouh so now I have about 35 prov.s.

Elvain
20-12-2006, 12:25
another old thread to be revived?

Dobber
20-12-2006, 15:52
I voted no! It is looking pretty even on the opinions of this!

patriot1
20-12-2006, 20:21
A strong YES from me!(obvious reasons)

knez
20-12-2006, 22:21
dungeon would be so kul, I allways have full knights bar and no prisoners

Largefry07
21-12-2006, 00:52
No, 9 is enough. If anything get a dungeon that can hold three prisoners. I love taking prisoners, but rarely can because I need those slots for my knights.

PLAY WITH ME ON KOH
21-12-2006, 06:23
i voted yes,cuz in the real world any kingdom that can support the amount of knights can have whatever amount of knights.sorry if im being rude when i say this but,elvain i disagree with you because 9 knights/in the real world would be only enough to support one of the smallest kingdoms on earth.cuz if you think about it have you ever read any chinese history cuz there and on movies/a documentry thing it shows that china in the course of history at its hieght had exeeding 500 generals/knights(wow freaking large).so just to point out a kingdom with 9 kinghts would be like cake with 9 grams of sugar or icing do you get what i mean?.like its just not enough cuz when i first finished my game of conquer europe its took me some 6-8 months.cuz rebells keep springing up every where and when i finally won i paused to look around and i say exeeding 60-70 flames on the map/thats a lot of rebells.just to note when i won the game i was playing as italy/i started as germany's ally and as his vassal.just to show one thing umm well im part chinese so i translated this according to the dictionary and what i know plus on computers.this is what i translated: it is the followers of the emperor who act like pets as they are used like pets by the dozen and those who do not like to be pets shall have they're head move houses(in other words they will be beheaded)and those who stay as pets shall have great rewards beyond imagination. so says the most powerful emperor of his time on earth of the Qin dynasty:in english /cheing chowe:in chinese(plus the Qin dynasty was the last dynasty of china.

Elvain
21-12-2006, 09:14
but could you imagine how freakin' easy the game would be with more knights?

And if more, what should be the limit? Is 12 enough? or 15? or untlimitted?

4 marshalls are enough to rule ANY kingdom (2 defending, 2 conquerors) so you still have 5 slots for clerics and spies (in later stages of game when you need 2 defending marshalls there's no need to have merchants coz the income is high enough)

The limit makes you think economicaly and use only what you really need.

Anguille2
21-12-2006, 10:41
The court represents people you can trust....and in those days there weren't many...you also have to keep in mind that in those days most kingdoms were rather small due precisely to this...

DSMyers1
21-12-2006, 15:00
I definitely think that the 9 knight limit should not be raised. If anything, I think it should be lowered a little. Right now, it is the primary thing keeping the big nations from simply gobbling up all of the smaller ones. Now--if the patch adds some other factors that prevent the majors from destroying all the minors, the limit could perhaps be raised without hurting the game balance (which isn't very balanced right now, anyway.)

great hia hatake
21-12-2006, 20:54
i say no but i think you should be able raise armies with out marshals or like raiding parties

PLAY WITH ME ON KOH
25-12-2006, 18:07
ummmm elvain,you just gave me 2 ideas but kinda hard to manage ideas.ok well this is what i thought of to compare my idea well i talked about the chinese empire last time so i'll use it again.in the chinese empire there were soooo many knights/generals,goveners,ect.but only around 30-60 of them were importanat enough to see your majesty the Emperor and all the rest dunt even know what the emperor looks like!. in this historical movie like thing it shows in the course of history that the emperor himself has been put in jail several times in misunderstood sercumstances
.why?,i'll tell you why because the person thats saying to put him in jail doesnt even know hes the emperor.even if the emperor told him he would just laugh in his face anyways what i was thinking of is every province could have enought economy to support extra knights.now like the low ranked ppl at china it would be similar as low ranked knights unlike then ones in your ROYAL COURT and plus elvain i think that having 300 knights would make it easy but what if they dont add that many what if just make it low number and plus i think you should have an option to the begginers where you can choose 10 knights-20 knights-30 knights.:go: :cheers: