PDA

View Full Version : Uniting Kingsdoms

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Snydens
13-03-2005, 13:25
All those kingdoms that kan be united in the games, the informations about which kindoms you'll need to be, what provinces you need to conquer an other objectives, should be gathered in one thread. So those who want to help me please post at least one kingdom.
I'll start with one: Ireland: :wink:

Playable kingdoms: Ulster Leinster Munster.
Provinces that needs to be conquered: Ulster Leinster and Munster.
Kingdoms that needs to be destroyed: Ulster Leinster Munster
(dont need to destroy youself of course)

Hope to see more kingdoms here soon :go:

maybe it can be stickied too? :confused:

Elvain
13-03-2005, 16:08
I don't know what to think about this:
thre are 2 oposite arguments

argument FOR:
Many players want to know what they can unite and how. They will be pleased to see which provinces are necessary to Unite Byzantia of Ireland, which kingdoms to eliminate etc.

argument AGAINST:
developers of the game didn't reveal this. This had to have some reason. I asked myself and here it is:
Would it be fun to know exactly which kingdoms to destroy and which provinces to conquer to become Byzantia? He would know that after he conqueres Constantinople (and already has all other necessary provinces and all rival kingdoms are already eliminated) he will become Byzantia.

So I answer when somebody asks which kingdom can be united, but I'm against revealing what exactly is necesary for it.

Largefry07
15-03-2005, 01:38
I don't know what to think about this:
thre are 2 oposite arguments

argument FOR:
Many players want to know what they can unite and how. They will be pleased to see which provinces are necessary to Unite Byzantia of Ireland, which kingdoms to eliminate etc.

argument AGAINST:
developers of the game didn't reveal this. This had to have some reason. I asked myself and here it is:
Would it be fun to know exactly which kingdoms to destroy and which provinces to conquer to become Byzantia? He would know that after he conqueres Constantinople (and already has all other necessary provinces and all rival kingdoms are already eliminated) he will become Byzantia.

So I answer when somebody asks which kingdom can be united, but I'm against revealing what exactly is necesary for it.
Good point, but I would have to side with revealing the kingdoms that can be united just because when I start a game I want to be a weaker nation and reunite a kingdom. So if there was no list I would have to guess what nation to start out with and try to conquor as many provs as I can to unite a kingdom that might not be able to unite. So I would lose a lot of time.

Elvain
15-03-2005, 14:57
OK, so here I go on with my favourite:

Byzantia:

Playable kingdoms: Epir, Nicaea, Trebizond
Provinces that needs to be conquered: I won't reveal this. My only advice: wide core of Byzantine empire, total 8 provinces
Kingdoms that needs to be destroyed: 3 "Latin crusader states in Byzantia"
you have to be orthodox, of course :wink:

and here are other which seem to be most wanted over here:

England:

Playable kingdoms: Normandy (for those who use my mod:Holy Rome, there is this possibility also for Wessex, East Anglia and York)
Provinces that needs to be conquered: South and central England, total 4 provinces
Kingdoms that needs to be destroyed: 2 Anglo-Saxon earldoms

you have to be catholic, of course. This quest is possible only in early period

and last one for today:

Russia:

Playable kingdoms: Novgorod, Suzdal, Kazan, Muscovy, Kiev, Ryazan
Provinces that needs to be conquered: I would say "central Russia", total 11 provinces
Kingdoms that needs to be destroyed: you don't need to destroy any kingdom

you have to be orthodox, of course. Quest possible in all periods

Elvain
15-03-2005, 15:11
and following ones are only for those who use my mod Holy Rome. But I will post it here too... My mod is here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=3889) (latest available version is here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?p=91268#post91268) to download)

Rome:

Playable kingdoms: Byzantia, Holy Roman Empire, France
Provinces that needs to be conquered: Greece, Italy, south France, south Germany and east of Spain, total 16 provinces
Kingdoms that needs to be destroyed: papacy and other unifiers

you have to be catholic or orthodox. This quest is possible in all periods

Holy Roman Empire:

Playable kingdoms: Germany, Austria, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Mecklemburg, Pomerania, Palatinat, Bavaria, Italy, Tuscany, Savoy
Provinces that needs to be conquered: northern Italy and south+central Germany, total 7 provinces
Kingdoms that needs to be destroyed: Italy, Lombardy and Lotharingia, Germany, Holy Roman Empire (not your own, of course)

you have to be catholic. Quest possible in all periods. "German" and Italian kingdoms have a bit different conditions, but only in some details

Finellach
15-03-2005, 19:31
While we're at it. I was playing as Epirus the other day and I conquered or inherited Salonica, Latins, Athens and also Nicaea, Trebzonid. In short I had whole Asia Minor, Greece, Crete and Cyprus. I also had whole Bulgaria, Serbia and Croatia and Southern Italy(Naples and Apulia). I was Orthodox and independent from Constantinopole. The thing is that I never got the even to unite Byznatium and I don't know why?! :confused:

Largefry07
16-03-2005, 04:38
I don't know much but here's what i know. And if I get it wrong please correct me so I can edit this post.
Spain

Kingdoms: Castlia, Aragon, Navarra or Leon

Prov: All of the Spain pennsulia. 11 Provs in all.

Nations to conquor: Don't know

Religion: Catholic

Periods: Don't know

Elvain
20-03-2005, 21:53
I have no idea what could be the reason, Finnie :sad:
maybe some of requirements is not fulfilled. You know where to find them... and if not, send me exactly which provinces have you conquered and make sure if Athens, Latins or Saloniki doesn't exist...

PS: Spain can be united from Castilia, Aragon, Navarra or Leon...
One spanish realm you don't need to conquer, it will be joined, but I won't, naturally, tell you which one :wink:

Finellach
20-03-2005, 23:46
I have no idea what could be the reason, Finnie :sad:
maybe some of requirements is not fulfilled. You know where to find them... and if not, send me exactly which provinces have you conquered and make sure if Athens, Latins or Saloniki doesn't exist...

None of the crusader kingdoms exist no more. They pershed long ago. I really don't know what is the reason for not getting the event...I was thinking that it may be because I really took my time in conquering whole Byznatium...but I don't know...

llxlVaNDaLlxll
24-03-2005, 07:13
okay i found out how to unite serbia

playable kindoms: Zeta (pls tell me if u know others with that it works)

provinces to conquer: Raska , Epirus ,Macedonia

ull get +5000 gold

Sigurd Jorsalfar
24-03-2005, 18:41
I see that some kind of event occurs when you manage to unite kingdoms like Spain, Byzantium and Serbia. Are there any other "historical" events in this game? Don't know if any of you have played the games of Paradox Entertainment (Like the Europa Universalis series), but there you will trigger events of different kinds if you do this and that. And some events even occurs no matter what you do.

Angryminer
24-03-2005, 18:43
No, luckily uniting kingdoms is the only event you can cause.
KoH isn't about replaying history, but shaping it by yourself. :go:

Angryminer

Sigurd Jorsalfar
24-03-2005, 18:50
No, luckily uniting kingdoms is the only event you can cause.
KoH isn't about replaying history, but shaping it by yourself. :go:

Angryminer

Yes this sounds good! :go: When I started to get interested in this game, it was because it offered something different than the paradox games which has been my only gaming interest the last 4 years. :biggrin:

I like the graphics and artistic feel of this game, and it's simplicity (I'm not saying this isn't a complex game) compared to the extreme need for calculations as with paradox games. Again, the visual aspects of this game is very enjoyable, and the little experience I have gotten through the demo-version is promising in terms of gameplay ;)

Picotrain
24-03-2005, 19:09
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If you want to find out which kingdoms can be united, download the PakMan utility for Knights of Honor. Open the folder "defs/quests/" and extract all files within to the default directory. These are all the possibilities for united kingdoms, and the directions are clear what needs to be done to unite each one.

Sigurd Jorsalfar
29-03-2005, 23:25
Since I like to interact with other forumers and discuss different issues, I won't download this "PakMan" utility, but rather ask you: Is it possible to unite Ottoman Empire, or wasn't the ottomans around until later? (I still just have the demo).

Picotrain
30-03-2005, 03:59
Here is the text from the file extracted with PakMan relating to the Ottomans unification quest:

event_id = event_unite
affect = AI, player
reward = AI, player
periods = high
calc_for_kingdoms = Seljuks
religion_is = muslim

has_realms = Kilikia, Trebizond, Antioch

rename_kingdom = Ottomans
add_gold = 5000
add_power = 1
join_realms = Sinope, Anatolia, Antalya
change_flag = 986391
change_politcolor = 255

It is very easy to extract these files, and this information not only tells us what country (in this case Sejuks) can become another country, but also the religion needed (Muslim), the period (High), the provinces needed (Kilikia, Trebizond, Antioch), the provinces gained as a result (Sinope, Anatolia, Antalya), and other bonuses (gold +5000, power +1). In some cases other conditions must be met, most often this is the annihilation of another country or group of countries. Sometimes books and piety increase as a result, but not in this particular case.

Do you see the benefits of using PakMan? I realise that you do not have the full version, so using Pakman may not be possible, but it is much easier than the alternative, plus there are certain members who feel that telling which kingdoms can be united spoils the KoH experience. If you want, I can e-mail you all the quest files frm PakMan, so you can see them for yourself.

Sigurd Jorsalfar
30-03-2005, 04:35
Do you see the benefits of using PakMan? I realise that you do not have the full version, so using Pakman may not be possible, but it is much easier than the alternative, plus there are certain members who feel that telling which kingdoms can be united spoils the KoH experience. If you want, I can e-mail you all the quest files frm PakMan, so you can see them for yourself.

Yes, that would have been great. That was uttermost kind of you, Picotrain. I'll send you a PM. It will come in handy when I get the game (I have ordered it now) :cool:

Illuminatus!
30-03-2005, 05:12
Gee, you wouldn't mind ordering a copy for me, too, then would ya?

:cheers:

Elvain
30-03-2005, 20:57
Do you see the benefits of using PakMan? I realise that you do not have the full version, so using Pakman may not be possible, but it is much easier than the alternative, plus there are certain members who feel that telling which kingdoms can be united spoils the KoH experience. I only think that revealing ALL about certain quests can kill the nice surprise.

But if you know that if you take f.e. all spanish provinces by some of spanish kingdoms, you will unite Spain it doesn't do this.
I showed what I found good and what is too much.

here's another kingdom:
Bulgaria
for kingdoms: Bdin, Dobrudzha, Turnovo
needed religion: orthodox
provinces: Bulgarian provinces, total of 3
not existing kingdoms: Bulgaria, Dobrudzha, Turnovo, Bdin, Moesia, Karvuna

Charlemagne
30-03-2005, 23:08
You can unite France too.