PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay or Technical support?

Graf von Bismarck
13-03-2005, 20:38
I get the feeling that i have an annoying glitch in my game of KOH.
No matter which kingdom i choose to play as my kingdom units are then available in the whole worl e.g. i play as Germany and the germanic kingdom units are available as local units in northern africa etc.
IS this a glitch which only i have or are all the other games such?

Elvain
13-03-2005, 23:15
When you hire units they are divided into 3 groups:

1) Kingdom specific units:(example: Scotland-Highlanders, France-Men-at-arms and Feudal knights)
they are on the top of units' window, they are available anywhere for this certain kingdom
If some unit is in this category, it is the cheapest (Feudal knights 1800)
mostly some special units (Feudal knights, Normans) but also more ordinary (light cavalry, men-at-arms)

2) Local units (defined by region, culture and a bit by nationality and medieval development of province. Some provinces have it same. Example: low nord:peasants, axamen, bowmen, vikings)
Price of units is medium in this group. Some units are not in this group (like Feudal knights, so I can't give you how much they cost)
mostly they are units like swordsmen, archers, spearmen etc.

3) Province special units. In this group mostly the most skilled units are, like Feudal knights, Templars, Saracens, Mameluks etc. For most of kingdoms it is the only way how to get those. They are available only in few provinces and are most expensive (Feudal knights 3600)

Marshal of Doom
02-04-2005, 14:50
I get the feeling that i have an annoying glitch in my game of KOH.
No matter which kingdom i choose to play as my kingdom units are then available in the whole worl e.g. i play as Germany and the germanic kingdom units are available as local units in northern africa etc.
IS this a glitch which only i have or are all the other games such?
They should be available as kingdom not local units because kingdom special units can be built in all a kingdom's provinces, original or conquered
When you hire units they are divided into 3 groups:

1) Kingdom specific units:(example: Scotland-Highlanders, France-Men-at-arms and Feudal knights)
they are on the top of units' window, they are available anywhere for this certain kingdom
If some unit is in this category, it is the cheapest (Feudal knights 1800)
mostly some special units (Feudal knights, Normans) but also more ordinary (light cavalry, men-at-arms)

2) Local units (defined by region, culture and a bit by nationality and medieval development of province. Some provinces have it same. Example: low nord:peasants, axamen, bowmen, vikings)
Price of units is medium in this group. Some units are not in this group (like Feudal knights, so I can't give you how much they cost)
mostly they are units like swordsmen, archers, spearmen etc.

3) Province special units. In this group mostly the most skilled units are, like Feudal knights, Templars, Saracens, Mameluks etc. For most of kingdoms it is the only way how to get those. They are available only in few provinces and are most expensive (Feudal knights 3600)
Feudal knights are kingdom special (at least for Germany), men-at-arms (not to be confused with Heavy Swordsmen) are local units, and light cavalry are local units

Elvain
03-04-2005, 22:31
every unit except Mongolian cavalry, Templars and Peasants is in more than one group. I used just examples for certain kingdoms.
For example if you don't play for french kingdoms(France, Burgundy, Provence etc.) nor german kingdoms (Gremany, Austria etc.) you can buy Feudal knights only as province special unit.
If you play for Boheimia, Men-at-arms are your kingdom specific unit, but if playing for Serbia, they are local unit. And so on and so on