PDA

View Full Version : knights:marshalls, governors etc.

Pages : [1] 2

Elewyn
11-01-2004, 23:47
I was looking at screenshots and have some question...

The five faces available at the top of view are your marshalls? that's my guess. And the one with crown icon is the king. If any knight is in a town, he has small icon of a town.
Only problem is that there are also some screenshots with nobody "crowned" and some with more than one crowned knights, maximum are 3. What does that mean?

But marshalls are not the only knights we have, there are also governors and spies. On screenshot "Bohemia happiness" there is a knight/governor of Bohemia with a message like "how does it go in his realm". My question about the marshalls:
Do they stay only in capital of certain realm or can move in whole realm?

Spies we can probably find on circle icon at the bottom of screens like (paraphrased)"siege og Austria", where are also (I guess):
???-royal family?, relations with other players, marshalls view, messages or governors view, spies view, ???-maybe state treasury, kingdom/realm resources view, "political map"?

Jorghan
12-01-2004, 01:10
From what I have understood, those are your marshalls, and they lead your armies. Now, you will also have knights as govenors over towns, but they won't be appearing up there, and also, they won't lead any army (Perhaps a garrison). When you don't see a king up there, it's because he's either acting as a govenor or isn't assigned at all. If there are more than one crown, those other crowns are probably princes.

Angryminer
12-01-2004, 15:18
We already know that there are going to be more than 5 simultanious moving armys (of your nation) in a later game, so I have a guess in another direction:
Perhaps these icons mean something like "I'm doing something important". If the player clicks one of these 5 icons, his camera is moved to the location where that specific event is going on.
This is likely, because the map is very big, and so the player needs some tools to control his whole nation / look after all the knights.

But anyway - this is a wild guess.

Angryminer

Poul
12-01-2004, 15:20
It could be used for diplomatic contact.

A other king wants to speak to you and he pops up in thes place (still guessing)

Frank Fay
12-01-2004, 16:03
The five spots shows the 5 marshals you can have max. The 5 marshals are mobile and can be moved on the map and deployed in castles.

The spies are "behind" the marshals, there is a button where you can flip the spies with the marshals.

Elewyn
12-01-2004, 17:16
Governors, do they stay in the capital? being guarded by royal guards

Angryminer
12-01-2004, 17:47
I don't like to be restricted to 5 moving armys...

Angryminer

Frank Fay
12-01-2004, 18:34
I don't like to be restricted to 5 moving armys...

We had unlimited and we never used more than 3 in average.

Finellach
13-01-2004, 02:10
How can you such a thing when you haven't played the game yet?

Elewyn
13-01-2004, 09:17
He did:D He's the developer ;)

Poul
13-01-2004, 09:19
They are playing that game, and have bean for some month now (basterts :dwink: ). But well they have to do that to se things like this.

But I would like to hear some examples. Like "I just marched an army from Portugal to Moscow in ½ hour" or " I was playing this country and I had this great experience".

Well I should properly be in an other thread, but I would really like it. I think it would give us some more concrete things to "fantasise" about :D

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 13:59
@ Marshal-count:
"I lay this matter into your cimble hands"

*congratulates everyone who knows where this quote is from*

Angryminer

Finellach
13-01-2004, 19:55
Originally posted by Elewyn
He did:D He's the developer ;)

I was refering to Angryminer...

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 21:02
Now, what shall I say?
It's my opinion...
I didn't like to be restricted in Age of Kings and in every other game restricting me, so I think I won't like to be restricted to 5 marshalls in KoH, too.
And because of me programming 3D-engines and such things, it's just my understanding of PC-games.

Angryminer

Frank Fay
13-01-2004, 21:20
every game has restrictions....

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 21:29
Then let me refrase this a bit...
"I don't like to be restricted..."

Better? ;)

Angryminer

Jarlabanke
13-01-2004, 21:31
Will these armies have a maximum number of men?

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 21:41
This (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0046.jpg) screenshot has space for 12 units. But on newer screenshots like this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0072.jpg) I estimate 14 units, though I never counted more than 9 units on one knight.
Anyway, you can still send troops into towns, so your army won't be restricted to *five times (one of the above numbers)*.

Angryminer

Finellach
14-01-2004, 21:40
How can one have an opinion on something he has never seen let alone played it...

Angryminer
15-01-2004, 14:30
Oh, I did play PC-games before!

[ Reread my posts, they do make sense ]

Angryminer