PDA

View Full Version : System Spezifikationen

jim107
12-01-2004, 13:09
Ok, stimmt auch wieder ;)

Mein Englisch ist zwar nicht sooo gut, aber ich werde es
versuchen :angel: (I really understand, if nobody answers to a members question, because nobody understands it, but I think it s a little bit too hard to cancel that post)..

Frank Fay
12-01-2004, 13:18
@Jim: Yes they are right the official language is English. Posts in other languages will be deleted. We want that everyone understands each other.

However, I want to try to answer to your question.

Regarding the system spec's, they are not fixed yet but we ware aiming for 1GHz or slower and 16 MB graphics ram. No 3D card will be required.

Concerning the ANNO question, please go to the official ANNO board (http://www.anno1503.com/forum/index.php?), we discuss here only Knights of Honor. As we can't tell you anything about it.

Poul
12-01-2004, 13:22
But anny way (my english is not so god ether)

I belive, since the game is made in 2D, that you don't need and 3D grafic card to play it.

But on the other hand... i just read, that:

“With Virgin Lands we’ve found the perfect 3D studio to develop the cut scenes for our hit title Knights of Honor. Virgin Lands is one of the leading studios in the field of 3D animation and have an immense amount of experience in the computer games branch. Virgin Lands will definitely produce first-class cut scenes fitting to a high-quality product such as Knights of Honor.”

URL=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=12923]http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=12923[/URL]

So you would probertly need a 3D card anny way to start te game up![

Poul
12-01-2004, 13:24
I think Frank just beat me in writing an anwer here. Well this gives med the chance to trye to make the linke again:)

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=12923

Frank Fay
12-01-2004, 13:28
Virgin Lands is doing the intro, which will be rendered and works like a movie file. No 3D card needed to view.

Poul
12-01-2004, 13:31
Thanks - i was a bit confused for a moment there :scratch:

jim107
13-01-2004, 10:05
Ok, thank you very much. I already have an quite good 3 D Card, but only 900 Mhz, so maybe the game could run a little bit slower.. ?

One more question: How can I add here a portrait of a knight like you did it?

Poul
13-01-2004, 10:11
oh, yes. Go into "User CP" and click the"Edit optons" (third from the left). Go here all the way down to "Other Options" down here you se an option called "Avatar" (for some strange reason) click on "Change Avatar" and select one. :)

Mimmelit
13-01-2004, 14:22
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Regarding the system spec's, they are not fixed yet but we ware aiming for 1GHz or slower and 16 MB graphics ram. No 3D card will be required.

This sounds more than optimistic! Are You really sure You will reach that aim? Many companies before claimed such things but when games were published they may have run on older systems - but only for a couple of minutes...

Jorghan
13-01-2004, 14:33
Remember that this is a 2D game. The biggest reason that games need so much resorces nowadays is because of 3D graphics. 1 Ghz sounds reasonable.

Mimmelit
13-01-2004, 16:50
Originally posted by Jorghan
Remember that this is a 2D game. The biggest reason that games need so much resorces nowadays is because of 3D graphics. 1 Ghz sounds reasonable.

Just as I said - some time and with low details maybe no problem. But I don´t think that anybody will get really happy playing the game with such a system for a longer time. As far as I know, Anno 1503 still is ISO-2D but not running that well on slower machines... Maybe KoH will work a bit better - but who knows? Only the developers. And they have to tell it to the publisher. And the publisher has to tell us about these things, if he wants to...

Nadine Knobloch
13-01-2004, 16:53
Originally posted by Mimmelit
Just as I said - some time and with low details maybe no problem. But I don´t think that anybody will get really happy playing the game with such a system for a longer time. As far as I know, Anno 1503 still is ISO-2D but not running that well on slower machines... Maybe KoH will work a bit better - but who knows? Only the developers. And they have to tell it to the publisher. And the publisher has to tell us about these things, if he wants to...

Mimmelit...'tschuldigung...DDner...spar' Dir Dein Geunke in Bezug auf Anno in diesem Forum, bitte. Danke.

Sorry guys, but these words are not that interesting so they need not to be translated.

Mimmelit
13-01-2004, 17:03
Dear Ms. Knoblauch,

You should know that I'm not the only one who is deeply impressed by Your work with another game... You may think that anybody has forgotten about it whenever a new game will be published by SF. But be sure it will not be so. Just be patient not to do the same mistakes like in the past - SF has lost too much reputation during the last 15 months, especially in Germany.

Remember companies like Ascon, Ascaron, Software 2000 - they did it the same way like SF did - publishing one buggy game after another. And they all got bancrupt at least once...

Just be patient and don't tell me anything about Your great support and service...

If You don't like to be criticized then just kick me. It's no problem since I won't buy any other product of SF anytime.

Thanks.

Rnett
13-01-2004, 17:16
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucchh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadine Knobloch
13-01-2004, 17:20
This is not the right place to criticise Sunflowers for any other game than Knights of Honor.
Besides that it shows a lack of respect regarding Black Sea Studios, who are the developers of this game.

Bora
13-01-2004, 18:06
Originally posted by Mimmelit
Dear Ms. Knoblauch,

You should know that I'm not the only one who is deeply impressed by Your work with another game... You may think that anybody has forgotten about it whenever a new game will be published by SF. But be sure it will not be so. Just be patient not to do the same mistakes like in the past - SF has lost too much reputation during the last 15 months, especially in Germany.

Remember companies like Ascon, Ascaron, Software 2000 - they did it the same way like SF did - publishing one buggy game after another. And they all got bancrupt at least once...

Just be patient and don't tell me anything about Your great support and service...

If You don't like to be criticized then just kick me. It's no problem since I won't buy any other product of SF anytime.

Thanks.

ascaron still produce games,... so they arer not off from the market at all.
knights of honors will be not that buggy i think.
one reeason is that they show us in the forum, that they test bfore they implement a feature. and they do god support cause this forum is REALY read by the admins and moderators and they TRY to implement our ideas.

timurlenk
13-01-2004, 21:34
ascaron had to file for insolvenzy, but didnt go bancrupt at least. they are still a strong competitor...

i desperatly hope, koh will be as bug-free as possible. otherwise i will have to wait for a patch before purchasing it. :mad:

@ nadine
how many infantile jokes did your hear about garlic in your hole life :(

Frank Fay
13-01-2004, 22:11
Mimmelit

I also think that it is a very offending behaviour you showed. If you want to criticise KoH, fine. But stay reasonable and behave friendly. But your post was definately too much.

As Nadine said, this is NOT the place to attack our employer and definately not to attack Black Sea Studios.

I mean what do you expect from us? That way say "hey you are right or wrong"? Or that we make here a statement? Whatever it will be, dont insult us or Black Sea Studios.

Be our guest and discuss with us in a friendly manner or go and let us alone. The reason we made the forum is to speak with the people who are interested in KoH but not with flamers. Sorry if this sounds harsh but you got to understand that neither BSS or me can say ANYTHING about ANNO. And this applies also to the others who posted yesterday night offending stuff against Sunflowers and me.

Thread closed !!!