PDA

View Full Version : Battle Spoils?

Lord Devious
24-10-2003, 10:07
First of all, I am looking forward to KoH very, very much and anticipate its release.

Just something i would like to know that I think can be quite a cool part of games. Battle spoils or "booty". After a won battle, or after destroying a villag or sumthing along those lines, do you gain anything? Weather it be an improved armour and weapons rating on the victorious army, or the spoils (to save complications) could be aoutomatically converted to gold?

I think this would be a cool touch to the game.
Just a suggestion, I'll leave the decisions to the experts.:D

Frank Fay
24-10-2003, 10:22
Yes there will be benefits for won battles, conquered realms, plundered production etc. It depends on what you did but you will get benefits and different types of it, which will help you to improve in several aspects of the game.

Lord Devious
24-10-2003, 12:14
Well thats good news!:)
What sort of benefits are we talking here?
Also, do places of battles have a determal effect on the local economy? For instance, because a crushing defeat happened in the region, economic growth and production is slowed, and the oppposite for victories?

Greeny
25-10-2003, 00:05
I wanna kidnap some peasent's and force 'em to work to death
on my castle ;)

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 03:11
Originally posted by Greeny
on my castle ;)

hmmm thats a great idea....slave work....take loads of peasents.....make them build you a big fat castle...while they die....muhaha:angry:

Frank Fay
25-10-2003, 09:45
You cant kidnap peasants but you can do "nice" things with your POW'S :)

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 16:11
nice things.....lol nicely put.

golddigger
26-10-2003, 22:49
Originally posted by Greeny
on my castle ;)
:cool: :go:

GREAT idea !!!;

I have a few thoughts too; how would these work out:
1.) I would like to be able to talk, force, bribe, or otherwise 'coerce'; peasents, knights, special skill/wepons developers, even towns/citys & kingdoms in to joining my side and becoming 'loyal subjects'. Or; of cause; steal them.

2.) Another approach would be the "Scorched Earth" -- "Destroy & Terrorize" policy to encourage other peoples, town/citys, and kingdoms to give up without a fight; or to rebell if their knig will not give up.

3.) Can I get a 'Civil War''; 'Divied & Conquer'; tactic to brake up and weaken kingdoms and aliances and make them easy to conquer?
:cheers: