PDA

View Full Version : Ballistas, aren't they too powerful?

Kakita Matesu
28-03-2005, 11:30
As in the thread's name.

In my opinion this weapon is deadly for computer, especially when assaulting on the castle.
Units just stay beyond the walls and take one hit after another. I could conquer the province without losing single man!!!!
I have an idea to make ballista as archer with limited ammunition. If anyone finds it good to implement - this is the solution "archer = 1" in 'ballista.unit'.

Don't know if it is proper place to create this topic(maybe modding section will be better) but if someone has different state in this concern, we can discuss.

Angryminer
28-03-2005, 11:35
Did you apply the KoH-patch?
It should make the AI-squads always move out of the ballista's range.
[ Hint: There is a way to make it impossible for them to run away, but that's evil :viking: . ]
I also thought that siege weapons are much too deadly for units and so I lowered their accuracy. It now looks quite neat when your trebuchets accidently hit the wrong building :go: .

Angryminer

Kakita Matesu
28-03-2005, 17:12
Yup, I've applied patch just after installing the game.
Of course squads move out but I used to destroy gates and move my ballistas forward (little, only few steps inside the courtyard).
AI sent one squad in response, so their life was very short. And so on...
With lack of ammunition I don't have such dirty tactics :rolleyes:

Angryminer
28-03-2005, 17:16
Can you edit the amount of ammunition?

Angryminer

Kakita Matesu
28-03-2005, 19:18
I've looked for this option but couldn't find. Maybe someone else knows where it is?

William Blake
29-03-2005, 01:32
Human player is always deadly for AI, no matter if he uses balistas or not:)