PDA

View Full Version : The Merchant of Alexandria – A Fatimids AAR

Anguille2
29-03-2005, 12:52
The Merchant of Alexandria – A Fatimids AAR

Goal: minor victory by obtaining all the Kingdom Advantages.
Using: Laudan’s mod.
Playing as Fatimids. Starting with 8 Provinces (from East to West: Lebanon, Palestine, Sinai, Cairo, Alexandria, El Alamein, Benghazi and Cyrenaica).
(PS: there is no time frame in the game: however Kings get older. In my AAR: young is 20-25, middle-aged 35-40, old 45-50, very old 55-60, venerable 65-death).

Part 1: a new Caliph

When Caliph Aadil came to power in 1005, the Fatimids Empire was already very large. He was ruling the populations from the beautiful gardens of Lebanon to the desert storms of Cyrenaica. Aadil didn’t want to expand his control much further, he’s goal was to create a prosperous Caliphate where all the various goods of the world could be found. The future seemed bright as he had just married the daughter of the King of Byzantium, which happened to be one of the mightiest Empires of the region, and he was young, 25.
There was one problem that had to be resolved first. The Zirid Caliphate was at war with us. While not very keen to conquest, Aadil was however very much interested in the province of Tripoli as it had some very good soil that allowed the breeding of Horses and the like which were not available in the Fatimids Caliphate. If the Zirids were not ready to sell us these goods, we would have to conquer Tripoli.
Aadil’s first decision as new Caliph was to hire a marshal. Emir Aahil was ordered to organize the defences of the province of Cyrenaica which borded the Zirid Caliphate. At the same time, another marshal, Emir Abrar, was updating the military infrastructures of Alexandria: a Fletcher was then under construction.
Caliph Aadil promoted also one of his old friends, Emir Adam, to the rank of Builder and asked him to work with Emir Aahil and transform the city of Cyrenaica into a powerful stronghold.
As he wanted to prevent any attempts of murder and treason, he asked his best friend, Emir Adyar, to protect his back. He would have to track down any enemy spy that would attempt to infiltrate the court of the Fatimids, especially the ones from the Zirids.

Despite being at war, neither the Fatimid Caliphate nor the Zirid Caliphate attempted to conquer the other. At the same time, Aadil had managed to arrange a trade agreement with the Novgorod Kingdom, which was far in the North.
Emir Abrar, second marshal of the Caliphate, was ordered to Palestine as a messenger had announced that mercenaries were willing to be hired. As the military infrastructures of the Caliphate were not yet ready to produce decent troops, Aadil considered that it was a good idea in order to have at least one full army. Meanwhile, as the Fletcher had been finished, Aadil ordered the construction of large stables in Alexandria, so the army could recruit Camel Riders…these would be the bone of the army.
In Cyrenaica, Emir Adam, had managed to finish the construction of a Fletcher and had immediately started with the plans to create a large Sword smith. Emir Aahil was satisfied as he would soon be able to recruit a strong army of well-trained soldiers.
Aadil was however very relieved when a messenger arrived in 1013 from the Zirid Caliphate to announce that they were willing to make peace…they were even willing to sign a trade agreement! As soon as they would have enough horses, they would sell them to us.

Sigurd Jorsalfar
29-03-2005, 23:55
I'll follow this one at the paradox forums (my name is Ulyanov over there) since there are screenshots as well. :wink:

Illuminatus!
30-03-2005, 05:19
Interesting story adaptation of game events... :go:

I'll follow this one at the paradox forums (my name is Ulyanov over there) since there are screenshots as well. :wink:

What!? There are Paradox KoH forums? Could someone provide a link or a direction to look in (Paradox corporate->Koh?)?

Angryminer
30-03-2005, 10:53
The KoH-Forum at paradoxplaza can be found here (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=300). :go:

Angryminer

Anguille2
19-05-2005, 11:47
Just an update....

The AAR is going well in the Paradox forum....maybe i'll do a transfer when it's finished but it's quiet long (14 Word Pages and i guess i am about 1/2 of the game)

Just follow the link in my signature.

Don't hesitate to comment here!

Elvain
19-05-2005, 16:28
hey, you have changed your avatar...

another brother from the East :wink:

Anguille2
19-05-2005, 16:52
hey, you have changed your avatar...

another brother from the East :wink:

Yeah...now i am completly in my Fatimids world...however, couldn't find the picture of my Calif unfortunatly.

Anguille2
01-09-2006, 17:14
For those interested and while we wait for the patch, i am still updating my AAR in the Paradox forum....

Check my signature...

Tell me what you think...

Mereik
02-09-2006, 23:08
what is another brother from the east??? oh and for the muslim poeple that think they are cool well:Humfirf:eek: narfurm...:sick: ...

Anguille2
04-09-2006, 08:27
what is another brother from the east??? oh and for the muslim poeple that think they are cool well:Humfirf:eek: narfurm...:sick: ...

?:scratch: ?