PDA

View Full Version : Suplies Lines

Sir_Nick
13-01-2004, 20:59
I dont know of this already has been asked, but i ask it anyway, Is there something like suplies lines? You know to take food and stuff to the army that concurening another nation. And if there is, can you attack the caravans with food and destroy it, so there is no food for the army?

Sir Nick

P.S. My english ain't to good:D

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 21:08
It's just a guess, but I think that would go under the name of "Micromanagement" (to send your troops food and stuff).
Conclusion: It's very unlikely that there'll be any food suplies/such things.

Angryminer

[ P.S.: Don't be ashamed, english isn't my default language either - were all just doing our best to make us understand each others. ]

Sir_Nick
13-01-2004, 21:14
Okey thats what i want to know. But i think i would be fun to do some partizan and dirty thricks to your enemy's army.

Sir Nick

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 21:25
Please note that this isn't a dev's statement - I just wanted to give you an information so you don't have to wait.

@ "But i think i would be fun to do some partizan and dirty thricks to your enemy's army."
The same thing can be achieved by attacking the enemy's farms in the borderlands.
You'd rush in, burn their farms to ashes and retreat as fast as you can. I imagin that this will be pretty nasty if this happens to you while you're in war with two nations...

Angryminer

Sir_Nick
13-01-2004, 21:27
Yeah you could burn their farms and take their economy down.

Sir Nick

Angryminer
13-01-2004, 21:47
Or slaughter innocent townspeople - the possibilities are various.

Angryminer

EricTheRed
13-01-2004, 23:24
Attack their docks to stop imports (if they ve gotten enough upgrades)

Henrik
14-01-2004, 00:55
Originally posted by Angryminer
It's just a guess, but I think that would go under the name of "Micromanagement" (to send your troops food and stuff).
Conclusion: It's very unlikely that there'll be any food suplies/such things.

Angryminer

[ P.S.: Don't be ashamed, english isn't my default language either - were all just doing our best to make us understand each others. ]

Hi Angryminer
There could be some possibilities for resupplying your army I.e. can you remember that on one ( or more ) of the screenshots there is infact showed to charts drawn by oxes - as i recall we haven't yet got any confirmation weather those are just a detail or if they are used for something ;)

Regarding the english language - i'll guess we, none-native-to english-language, just do the best we can - right ! :)

Jorghan
14-01-2004, 01:33
For being a board with majorly non-native english speakers, I think we are doing very well.

Lord Sandman
15-01-2004, 10:32
We try to understand each other, anyway....;)
About supplies for our troops. In Kohan for example, in that game cities have 'supply zones'...When our army has casaulties then we're going to one of our cities and army is re-supply, when it stand in supply circle of this city. Maybye KoH will be similar? Or maybye like in Europa Universalis series? When, for example, we siege enemy city in devastated enemy territory then condition of our army are decrease, especially in winter? In that game if we wish to supply our army then enemy land which we're attacking MUST border with our land, and our land from which we're attacking must be connected with our capital city through our other lands... If this land aren't connected with capital then our attacking army has less supplies from our country... This give us full of possibilities to cancel supply for enemy.
I hope that in KoH this fact will be important.

Henrik
15-01-2004, 22:55
Or that they include these features in KOH2 - coz these features are absolutly BRILLIANT

I really hope that the devs make notice of all these great suggestions and put'em on a "to-do-list" just in case that this game sells so many copies that it can justify making a sequel !

Arjenvs
20-01-2004, 23:02
There is allready a lot talked about this... so for you all:

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?threadid=284&highlight=supl%2A

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?threadid=82&highlight=supply

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?threadid=216&highlight=supply

:cheers: