PDA

View Full Version : I saw something...mmpfff...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Haegemon
16-01-2004, 04:45
I saw in the screenshot "Army attacking a farm" a battlefield full of soldiers fighting, arrows in fire... and incredible, the farmers still working like if nothing happens.:confused:
This will be in the release edition?
The farmers could hide or run...

For the game that looks food:cheers:

Jorghan
16-01-2004, 09:49
Yeah, lack of cowardice usually annoys me in a game. The peasants should flee, hide or whatever.

orenda
16-01-2004, 10:32
that will be changed and the farmers should fight (i think) or flee.

Henrik
16-01-2004, 15:28
Yeahh, i'll agree - how many would go about their dayli business and be totally unaffected about an invading army standing in the backyard :confused:

i'll guess they'll change the behavior of these units ! COZ THEY GOTTA !!!!!!

Elewyn
16-01-2004, 16:36
I can't tell you anything else than it should be changed. Nobody would calmly work on his ground during two armies fight on the next field. First to do is go back home and try to defend the family

Angryminer
16-01-2004, 17:15
I'd suggest to RUN!!!!!!

Angryminer
[ :D ]

Haegemon
16-01-2004, 17:20
You said that peasants could fight, but I think will be enought if they flee because what farmer could defend himself from trained and well equiped troops. Maybe they could surrender...but we have to think also that there are friendly troops close...:scratch:

Jarlabanke
16-01-2004, 17:31
Anyone who recognizes the flag of the attackers?

Elewyn
16-01-2004, 17:36
If you mean on the screenshot, there is Scotch cavalry and some Vikings but with strange flag :scratch: Sweden????But it really doesn't look like sweedish flag. Inverted today's flag, but very very far from more accurate "three crowns"

orenda
16-01-2004, 18:44
in the western kingdoms the peasants flee to the castle and in the eastern - they just take their weapons to defend their homes and go to fight. so it will be good if there are some options for this kind of situations and the gamer decides what to do with his/her peasants.

Haegemon
16-01-2004, 20:26
Yes, but if there are no friendlies near they alone can't fight against infantry, cavalary...without die (Resist or Die).
I prefer they flee or hide in their home.
For example, if they hide in her home with her wife and child maybe the enemy army only pass through and nothing happens, or maybe the enemy decides take a rest, food or horses in their lands, or maybe the enemy decides burn their home and only can
out and surrender or die.

In game this could give some bonus.

Bora
16-01-2004, 22:42
dont know if its that necessary if you see the houseowner run or fight. of course when you see people working in the fields (there are some pics) it would be crazy if they stand still while enemy is attacking. in other side something dont need to be that deatailed,... at the end you ask when you see a farm: "where is the cat that is hunting the mouse?" ;)

Stanceland
17-01-2004, 00:33
Let the enemies plunder the farms and don't make hostages :D

Elewyn
17-01-2004, 00:41
If there are details like villagers working to have some food, then these details should be working properly. If not, don't put them in.

Bora
17-01-2004, 21:51
well, i think it should like this:
male workers should fight (or most of them)
female workers should run

maybe also a good idea when its possible to take the "ordinary people" prissonairs.

idea behind it: if the king pays the ransom to free them it shows to the population that the king cares about them and that benefits tha loyality and the moral. and the other king get money, resources, whatever,... :)

BLOODUK
18-01-2004, 00:01
Haegemon is that from the game Haegemonia?

kick *** game btw loved every min of it, i hated the expansion pack though i wanted a full on campaign story line

Janusz11
18-01-2004, 13:43
Originally posted by Elewyn
If there are details like villagers working to have some food, then these details should be working properly. If not, don't put them in.

Exactly!

I was struck by the same screenshot. Two fearsome armies storming the field for a surely very bloody and raging battle, and next to it a couple of farmers who couldn't even care less just keep on cultivating their land, that just don't fit together. I would be pretty irritated by such a scene in a game, to say the least.

I think, making the farmers or noncombatants run for cover (or better yet, into their houses) shouldn't be a problem. One just have to see such games like Desperados or Robin Hood. Noncombatants do right that if they see the player.

Bora
18-01-2004, 17:23
ok, guys we should keep up that thread, to know what frank and frujin say about that. hope they confirm that workers/farmers will act more realistic in the reelased version.

to say what i think: its wired,... trees are falling but the population doesnt care if they get killed ;)

orenda
18-01-2004, 23:16
nobody mentions about militia? maybe the villagers will run to their homes, take their weapons and form some fighting group to defend the land waiting for the army to come and help. thats another option. so what Veso (Frujin) will say about this threat? :)

Haegemon
19-01-2004, 17:14
Haegemon is from Haegemonia, I have both first and expansion, I like both first coz the campaign and second for the new features and graphicall fixes. Is sad the lack of a campain in the expansion but you can create one with the mooding tools. (Enought coz here is not the pace to this...):D

Militian farmers...could be dificult to program the behavior of who fights and who don't. I think it's easier to do if they only run out the map, hide in home. Although, would be great if they fight when there are friendlies close and surrender when there aren't (only if his home is destroyed).
Kill civillians non-combatants and burn farms could give more rebellions and less popularity front the people.

The game maybe is in last stages of developement and do changes of things developers don't thought could be barelly imposible...don't know...