PDA

View Full Version : Bandits and outlaws?

Lord Devious
24-10-2003, 12:23
I notice that in 'knight managment' screenshot on the game info page there is a (what i assume to be) an option in the top right hand corner saying "Exile". I assume this means that you, as Lord, can exile your knight for one reason or another. What then happens to this disgraced knight? can he once again come into your service, can he go into an ememy's service? Start a civil war?

Also, is there any plans to include wild men or 'barbarians' in the game, outlaws who have no lord and pray on unsuspecting trade caravans or the like? If these are to be included in KoH, the could the player seek to negotiate with them to acquire saftey for his men? Or bring the outlaws into his service when he/she is desperate for help?

These things would be great? Does anyone agree?
But perhaps these would be to hard.

Anyway, whats the deal?

Highlander
24-10-2003, 17:14
I like the ideas that you have Lord Devious, however, I believe that they are doind an excellent job with everything they do have. I haven't read anything about the Vikings (wildmen) anywhere on the site.

Jarlabanke
24-10-2003, 19:55
Vikings and "wildmen"? I fail to see the connection.

Frank Fay
24-10-2003, 20:22
We dont have bandits or outlaws but Rebels are serving pretty much the same purpose.

Lord Devious
24-10-2003, 23:12
The rebels will be a great feature in the game!
I hope you guys can really pull this game off, its set to be a hit!:cheers:

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 03:10
Originally posted by Highlander
I like the ideas that you have Lord Devious, however, I believe that they are doind an excellent job with everything they do have. I haven't read anything about the Vikings (wildmen) anywhere on the site.

i think you better check out your definitions of vikings and wildmen mate.....you might insult some scandinavians around here :D

golddigger
26-10-2003, 23:50
Originally posted by Lord Devious
".. exile your knight for one reason or another. ... can he once again come into your service, can he go into an ememy's service? Start a civil war? .."

".. include wild men or 'barbarians' ... outlaws who have no lord ... could the player seek to negotiate with them to acquire saftey ... bring the outlaws into his service .."

These things would be great? Does anyone agree? .."

I agree, that would be great!!.
:cheers:

golddigger
27-10-2003, 00:59
Originally posted by vyanvotts
i think you better check out your definitions of vikings and wildmen mate.....you might insult some scandinavians around here :D

P.C., P.C., P.C.. This should cause my to catch 'hell'; but this "Political Correct" stuff is nothing but scenership. At first; Julius Caesar admited that the Brata & Celts of Britania; and the Scooth & Tawatha Da'Nan of Hibernia were highly cultured and "Equals of Rome". But when he was hiping-up for an invation of Britania he defamed them as "Barbarians". As others; the 'Sons of Dan' who we called Vikings had technical/millitary advancments of their own. Like the Picks; one of their 'millitary' tactical advantages was 'Baserkers' and others who were as 'wild men'. That is not to say that any of the Scandinavians peoples are that in this day and age. I would be willing to bet that ALMOST everyone is able to cope with such 'historical' referances very well. As a 'Donaldson' of the Clan Donald; one of my forebearers was a Norwegian Princes and 2nd wife of Donald Lord/King of the Ilse. So I would be part Viking as well as a Scoot. (Not a great mix.) And I find no offence in the wild man referanc. I do hope that dosen't offend. Oh Ya!

Jarlabanke
27-10-2003, 12:23
"Sons of Dan" ? That's the Danish, you're forgetting the Norwegians and of course us: the Swedes. I find being mixed up with the danes far worse then that Wildman thing. About the Berserkers they were if they ever existed very few. The reason why they were often said to be barbarians or whatever was probab ly because of their religion. The vikings that conquered England were not called heathens, barbarians or anything else, probably because most of them were christians.

Hooba
09-11-2003, 19:59
Can you hire some vikings or a band of rebels to attack an enemy castle?

Greetz
Hooba

Elewyn
09-11-2003, 22:33
Originally posted by Jarlabanke
Vikings and "wildmen"? I fail to see the connection.

arent you a bit nacionalistic??? :angel:

Jarlabanke
10-11-2003, 11:41
Nope, I just feel it's a comment based on very old stereotypes. And that it so far has coloured way to many games involving Vikings.
I've a thing against historical inaccurucy.

embro
19-11-2003, 10:35
maybe the rebels will appear when the taxes are high or something like that. it will be cool to bribe enemy knights, villagers, etc. and i think that will be included in the game.

Jorghan
19-11-2003, 14:32
I got the notion that there would be vikings in the game, perhaps even playable in the earlier periods of the game.

Cork2
19-11-2003, 18:27
Wouldn't it be cool to play rebels?

Like you start the single player game then you choose to be a king or a rebel leader. If you choose rebels you start out with tents and only a few members. You keep stealing gold and food from merchants and other people and gain more members. The camp gets bigger. Then you spread to other realms. Maby eventually you get to seize castles. Sneak in take out the gate gaurds at night and open the gate let the rebels in kill the king.