PDA

View Full Version : Gone Gold...what does it mean?

Anguille2
04-05-2005, 10:51
The game has just gone gold...but what does it mean? The game was already finished and it's been patched...are there other changes in the NA version than in the European version with patch?

Stuie
05-05-2005, 16:06
It sold a certain amount of copies. I don't kow how many copies. Perhaps Webby could tell ya.

No, "Gone Gold" in the computer industry is the stage at which the software is ready for duplication.

Apparently the North American version will not be the same as the original if they are remastering the thing... but it may just be a matter of having incorporated the patches and retesting.

Picotrain
05-05-2005, 18:10
Yes, Stuie is correct on both accounts. Gone Gold means ready for final publication/printing, etc., meaning the game can be physically produced and it is in its final state before shipping. If it were a CD, say the newest smash hit from Hanson, then it is considered to have gone gold if it has sold so many copies. However, Hanson will never again have a gold status CD, God willing.

Edit: Welcome to the KoH community, Stuie

Largefry07
05-05-2005, 22:25
Ahh. My mistake. Thank you for correcting me. I will delete that post so no one will be misinformed.

Stuie
07-05-2005, 19:36
Edit: Welcome to the KoH community, Stuie

Thanks! :go:

Thought I'd stop lurking now that the game is almost available here...