PDA

View Full Version : Back to Knights of Honour

Quickening
04-05-2005, 17:23
I have to admit, I was lured away from knights of Honour for a time :sad: I was briefly seduced by Rome Total War for a couple of months. But now I can look and see that Knights of Honour is superior to Rome Total War not least because for all its faults KOH is a solid game. As opposed to Rome which is basically broken, even with the patch.

See I had been lured away since as we all know KOH is just far too easy once you have a foothold. But I see now it was my own attitude at fault mainly. I always played as Scotland for a start. So this morning I went Ulster and totally changed my style of play. Rather than my usual warlike self I went in for shrewd diplomacy and I can definately stay that Im back with KOH for good (or until the sequel) :hello:

I also used to have problems with constant rebellions when expanding but now I take my time, adopt every populace I take control of and just generally make them happy as hell before I move on :cheers:

Basically, I just wanted to say again how fantastic this game is. The only way this game is limited is when the player themself limits it. I just cannot emphasise how much I love this game, yeah obviously there are faults but what game is faultless? As for Rome, forget what people say. It may have big fancy 3D battles but there are so many bugs that it may as well be unplayable. Nah, you'll never go wrong with Knights of Honour :cheers:

Anguille2
04-05-2005, 17:46
Welcome back! :go:

There are indeed many ways to play...

For my part, i never use more than 3 marshals and the game has the right balance for me.

Also check the various mods...very good and easy to install

the knightly sword
04-05-2005, 18:52
i cant agree with ya that knights of honor is suprior to RTW (its the oppsit ) but knights of honor is unigue and very nice made . with many features . RTW is a very diffrent game even thought its the same genere .in RTW you really get the feeling of commanding troops . the battles are so realöstic and real . very filmic too . its a masterpiece . the music is so damn great !!!!!! :go: :wink: .

Quickening
04-05-2005, 19:28
i cant agree with ya that knights of honor is suprior to RTW (its the oppsit ) but knights of honor is unigue and very nice made . with many features . RTW is a very diffrent game even thought its the same genere .in RTW you really get the feeling of commanding troops . the battles are so realöstic and real . very filmic too . its a masterpiece . the music is so damn great !!!!!! :go: :wink: .

Yeah thats all true, but the game is SOOOO buggy. And not just minor niggling bugs either. Plus the AI dont attack you by sea even at the hardest levels meaning that if you play as Britain, you cant lose. But I think I will still play it now and then. :go: :cheers:

Ldvs
08-05-2005, 23:09
You're right, on the graphic side of the game, RTW is far superior. Nonetheless, the AI has proven itself pathetic on the battlefield, you can easily win even outnumbered because the AI sends its troops one by one. Fortunately, some modders have managed to lessen that problem by changing some unit formations, but still, you must do it on purpose to lose a battle. If you have archers, they'll empty their quivers before the AI decides to move its troops. In siege, the AI leaves its units under fire too. We should not forget the generals' special attack: "Rush Headlong Into The Spearmen", you must see it once to believe it.
Also, when talking about bugs, shall we mention the AI lifts all sieges if you reload the game, or that after a reload, if a country proposes to another one to become a protectorate, the latter will automatically accept?
If KOH isn't perfect, at least it's still playable. By the way, if you want to check all the problems in RTW, I suggest you read the first post there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28103

Enjoy :yuck:

the knightly sword
09-05-2005, 18:00
yes , the biggest problems with RTW is properly the annoying buggs . ive found some of em my self and i really have to say they are annoying :bash: .but there are modders who really work hard to get the game right . just as this one http://www.rometotalrealism.com/

this one is historcly more right and has alot more building , units and more . it really makes up a challange . its much more realistic and more diffcult then the ordinary RTW. i reccomend it to anybody who is really out for a challange :go: .

Ldvs
09-05-2005, 18:09
Yes, RTR is currently the only mod (alonside with SPQR) that manages to make the game more challenging, but since CA isn't sharing much stuff, they can't get rid of the protectorate or the lift-siege-after-a-reload bugs. The worst for the latter is that CA claims it's just the AI reassessing its plans :biggrin:
If you look for a historically accurate mod I suggest you check EB (Europa Barbarorum or something close) when it's out.

Sir Sigmund
14-05-2005, 04:59
Quickening just wanted to say welcome back. Looking forward to battle with each and everyone of you in the future.

the knightly sword
14-05-2005, 15:30
were only giveing some RTW tips of how makeing the game harder :biggrin: .