PDA

View Full Version : How does trade work?

Quickening
08-05-2005, 03:19
I was playing a game as the Ilkahnids earlier and was trading with Hungary for a considerable sum and we were good friends. Later I checked what my trader was making from Hungary and it was 0 despite their trade potential being the same! But I did notice that they now hated me so does the amount you get from trade depend on how much they like you? How does trade work exactly? And what does a merchant governing a province do? Cheers! :cheers:

Elvain
08-05-2005, 07:34
Hi.

1) Yes, relations significantly influence the trade (comparison: USA have trade agreement with China, but the relation is.... well. Do they sell them US atomic arsenal or strategic goods?)
2) trade is influenced by:
a) number of provinces (of the second country)
b) number of merchants (most probably of the second country)
c) number of trade goods-valuables (not sure if yours or the country you trade)
d) number of markets (of the second country)
e) number of exotics (not sure if yours or the country you trade)

Quickening
08-05-2005, 14:08
Ah thanks! :go: The answer was more complex than I thought it was. I used to think it just depended on the size of the nation you were trading with :lol: Glad to see that KoH still can surprise me! Cheers again! :cheers:

Gabo
08-05-2005, 15:04
Kind of silly question but, can anoter nation merchants trade win my nation markets just as I command mine to trade in another nation ?

Elvain
08-05-2005, 15:46
of course they can. The more markets and valuables you have, the more they want to trade with you :go: usualy when AI asks for trade agreement, it also trades sends a merchant to you