PDA

View Full Version : Nicea Empire

Ghost
08-05-2005, 22:45
Can Nicea empire become Byzantine and how do i do this?

Elvain
08-05-2005, 23:03
Nicaea (as well as Trebizond and Epirus) can become Byzantia again. You need to eliminate latin crusader states in Greece and conquer Greece (and stay orthodox). I won't tell ya exact provinces, have some challenge :wink:

Gabo
08-05-2005, 23:23
I guess I know what provinces are we talking bout.

BTW, can one unite Spain aswell? I tried Granada and took over the entire peninsula but nothing happen.

:scratch:

Elvain
08-05-2005, 23:33
Granada is muslim. Is Spain today muslim? (teasing you?) try another kingdom....

Sir Sigmund
14-05-2005, 20:31
Think Gabo needs to find a Christian Kingdom. You know now that I looking and reading the boards I can see how the company did a lot of work on the historical side. Sure it might not be 100% correct, cause they trying to use all English language, but when you think about it, they put a lot of research into the game. Which is something that must be commended of them.

maladominus
01-07-2005, 00:47
To unify and become Spain, you must start out as one of the "smaller" catholic Spanish nations.... such as Castilia, Aragon, Pamplona, Navarre, etc.

Gabo
01-07-2005, 23:59
What about Athens? Can it unite the byzantean empire

Ledhead
02-07-2005, 00:54
What about Athens? Can it unite the byzantean empire

Athens was catholic, so if you change to orthodox then...
But I don't think the unification event was scripted that way, right Elvain???

maladominus
02-07-2005, 13:06
Athens was catholic, so if you change to orthodox then...
But I don't think the unification event was scripted that way, right Elvain???

Hmm weird. I always thought that the Greeks were already Orthodox by this era..... e.g. the Greek Orthodox church existed, right?

Baghera
04-07-2005, 17:22
Although my knowledge of middle ages history in that area of the world is a little shaky I don't think it was known as the "Greek" Orthodox until there was a split to make the Greek Orthodox and the Russian Orthodox churches. I hope that there is someone out there that knows a little more about this.

Ledhead
04-07-2005, 18:30
The rulers of the duchy of Athens at that time were catholic, the population were orthodox. It was a latin crusader state.
Sorry for not being clear earlier.

Despot Dobrotitza
05-07-2005, 00:52
There was only one orthodox church with Constantinople as center and slowly here and there popped up independent churches with their own patriarchs but they were still just called orthodox, not greek or russian or armenian or bulgarian or serbian, etc. Even today I think the differences between the orthodox churches are minimal, mostly in the language used and some local differences.

Elvain
05-07-2005, 09:21
oh, sorry for so late answer.

As Leadhead said, Athens was Latin(catholic) crusader state with rulers from catholic nobility, though the population was orthodox, so it seems logical to me that Athens CAN'T unite Byzantia