PDA

View Full Version : Few quick guestions, thanks!

Da Bomb
10-05-2005, 04:19
Hey this is my first post. I just reserved the game to get it tomorrow or the day after and I have a few questions.

1: How all is the game lost? I know sometimes when someone is voted supreme ruler it might end but I'm not sure, please help. :confused:

2. Also, at Angryminer I think your mod is really cool-looking even though I can't get it from lack of the full version. But is there a way to download your patch (and maybe some others) but not necessarily always play with one or another? Like could I play with yours then easily switch back to play with the original 1.3 (or whatever)?

3. What's the difference between the Europe version and the English version? And do I (in America) have to download the 1.3 patch as well? If the games here and there are the same why have two separate releases. Thank you!

Please bear with me for these last two days. It's so devastating having two more days left waiting while I read all these cool stories and see mods and everything. I have gone to every crack and crevice through the Knights of Honor website (don't think I have enough time to read everything posted on this forum though). So thanks.

And also does anyone here live in Berlin Germany? Maybe you might know my friend. Well thanks again. :go: :cool:

Illuminatus!
10-05-2005, 04:57
First things first.

GAAAAAAH. :eek: How'd you get KoH (NA release) in NA before May 15th or whatever the release date was...is?!? (I don't remember it changing.)

Ahem.

1) #1. All your provinces are taken over by someone else. #2. Someone is voted Emperor of Europe and you accept their emperorship* #3. The game crashes and you didn't save (or couldn't *cough demo*) :eek: #4. Hmm. There WOULD be a #4 if the AI ever really worked for trade goods and got all 10 Kingdom Advantages.

*it works like this...normally, at regular intervals the election screen will come up, showing the two highest scoring nations (at that point in time) in the upper left and upper right hand areas of the screen. In the bottom center, there's a row of the five (?) or so next most powerful nations. Each country votes for Guy #1, Guy #2, or to Abstain (most often they abstain). If 2/3 of all non-abstain votes go to one guy, he is "elected". Next there's a screen that says, "Bleh blah of BLAH has been elected Emperor of Europe" or somesuch. Then "Do you accept his rule?" or somesuch. Acceptance means he wins and you lose. Denial means all the other major powers go to war with you. And all this assumes you're a voter nation in the first place.

3) The NA version (assuming that's what you have...) is already fully patched.

Picotrain
10-05-2005, 05:38
1) #1. All your provinces are taken over by someone else. #2. Someone is voted Emperor of Europe and you accept their emperorship* #3. The game crashes and you didn't save (or couldn't *cough demo*) :eek: #4. Hmm. There WOULD be a #4 if the AI ever really worked for trade goods and got all 10 Kingdom Advantages.

I would tend to disagree with #4. While I've never seen the computer get all KA's, I doubt if the computer managed to that it would end the game. Humans have the option of accepting the minor victory or continuing on, I would assume that if the AI ever did get them all that the AI would be forced to continue playing.

Elvain
10-05-2005, 08:57
hi. You can download Angryminer's mod here: Glory of God (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=3868)

you need to have patch working before you download it...

European version has (AFAIK) 3 cersions: English, German and French (and maybe also Russian). All are in fact (gameplay) the same (AsFarAsIKnow). NorthAmerican version is already patched, but I guess you have European one as you live in Berlin.

Anyway, greetings to Berlin from Prague :cheers:

PS: Illuminatius and Picotrain: AI can't get (unfortunately) exotic goods yet so he can't have all kingdom advantages :sad:

Angryminer
10-05-2005, 11:53
Elvain: You misunderstood him, he lives in Texas, USA, but has a friend over here in Berlin.
So he will most propably get the North American version published by Paradox. In clear words that means your copy of KoH, Da Bomb, will be identical to the patched european version.

I wish you a nice conquering and the fortune of war on your side, Da Bomb. :go:

Angryminer

Da Bomb
11-05-2005, 00:21
Well I think some of you misunderstood me. I don't have the game, just the American demo, but I reserved the game which I will get tomorrow.

I think you answered my questions except the whole number 2, which nobody answered.
At Angryminer yet again, is there a way to use your GOG patch but still be able to switch back to not using it? Thank you all! Also, you people living in Germany and/or other places, do you drink beer and stuff a lot?

And I asked if anyone knew my Berlin friend but he lives there. I live in Texas USA but he moved back to germany :cheers: after 5th grade (I'm in 9th grade now)

Angryminer
11-05-2005, 00:29
Well, it's quite easy to uninstall the mod. Just remove 4 folders and KoH is back at it's original state. It can then be installed again by extracting the .zip-archive into the KoH-folder. So yes, it's easy to switch.

And about the cultural exchange... Well, yes, people here tend to drink a lot of beer. But, the word "beer" has a different meaning over here. That what you call "beer" in the USA would be called "dishwater" over here. :lol:

Angryminer

Da Bomb
11-05-2005, 00:31
So I'm also guessing that you all know that this "dishwater" you drink is going to tear apart your liver later on in life...

And my German friend got me a souvenir cap and it says "Wernesgruner Pils Legende" what exactly is that?

And thanks about the mods.

Angryminer
11-05-2005, 10:41
No, you got me wrong. We don't drink beer with more alcohol than you do, we just drink beer that tastes better :wink: . I drank some american beers and no, none of them are comparable to german or czech beer, that's why I call them dishwater. :lol:

Wernesgrüner is a beer-brewery in germany that exists since 1436.
"Pils" is the tasty beverage you make out of hops. In the US just called "beer", though the term "beer" refers to several kinds of beer, "pils" being one of them.
So translated the printing says "Wernesgrüner Beer Legend".

Angryminer

Gustavus Adolphus
11-05-2005, 15:35
So if you are elected ruler of europe, does that mean the games over? :scratch:

Angryminer
11-05-2005, 16:00
When you accept the title, yes. When you deny the title, no.
The game is only ultimatively over when you conquered all provinces of the map.

Angryminer