PDA

View Full Version : Who has the NA Release already?

superbox
10-05-2005, 14:18
Post here!

Does it come with a printed manual? What are the contents, #of cds, etc.

Webmaster
10-05-2005, 15:17
i forwarded our question to paradox:

The content of the American box is a mini-poster with the Knights of Honor sword and red background as well as the same poster that you had in the Knights of Honor box (map + tech tree) only almost twice the size.

The first print batch will also contain an exclusive wire-o manual.

Illuminatus!
10-05-2005, 23:24
Why does ONLY the first batch get a manual? Aren't the people who buy a game right off the bat (as soon as it's released) for $40-50 generally (or more likely to be) the same people who know how to navigate around a new game and figure things out for themselves?

Angryminer
10-05-2005, 23:49
You didn't read the statement carefully enough. The ones get an exclusive wire-o manual (click here (http://www.wire-o.com/media/wireo_wiresm.jpg) to see how this wire-o-thing looks like). That doesn't mean the others don't get a manual at all. They get a usual manual as far as I know.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
11-05-2005, 00:28
What exactly is a wire-o-manual? It sounds like an online or computer-involved thing but I'd rather have the printed version. Maybe I should look at the pic...

Also, I don't have the NA release but reserved it yesterday, am waiting today, and am getting it tomorrow. :go:

EDIT: After looking at the picture, it doesn't seem like a wire-o-manual would be so special...

superbox
11-05-2005, 04:31
Actually, a wire-o takes less time to produce than the normal bind. Well, how big is the first print batch?

LordMatthias
11-05-2005, 04:33
Da Bomb, a "wire-o" manual is also known as "spiral bound". The content is the same, although the wire bindings tend to keep the booklet together better than the normal kind.

superbox
11-05-2005, 10:11
Ya, the wire-o is better than glue bind, especially if it is a think manual. But if it is a thin manual, I would much prefer a staple bind ;)

Angryminer
11-05-2005, 10:49
The KoH manual has 90 pages. So I guess wire-o is okay.

Angryminer

doolally
11-05-2005, 21:51
-i got my copy yesterday (in Toronto, Canada), which is amazing because i assumed 'shipping May 10th' meant i'd see it in a week or so.

-the only difference between the N.A. and Euro release is the tech tree/map is larger in the N.A. version. i did not receive a spiral bound manual, but did get a KoH t-shirt >.<

Da Bomb
12-05-2005, 00:38
Why is the tech tree bigger in the NA release? I get mine today YEAH!!!! but are you saying in NA we get more units?

doolally
12-05-2005, 03:32
-the tech tree/map that comes with the game is printed on a larger piece of paper for the N.A. relase. from Susana on the Paradox forums:

Worth noting is that the tech tree poster has been blown up to almost twice the size and we have also included a mini poster.