PDA

View Full Version : Help! surrounded!

Drachen
11-05-2005, 15:31
I followed someone's advice on this board and made few pacts and alliances, only trade pacts. I got quite successful as Wessex, owning most of the land on the isles. Then I ventured onto the continent, taking normandie and part of Alsace, France.

THen came the vote to elect the emperor. I rejected the post as I wanted to win by conquest. After that, everyone declared war on me. The Swedish attacked me from behind in Scotland, the Germans attacked me on the continent, the Danes launched attacks in Wessex and the Pope himself attacked me in southern France. I could hold off the initial wave, but not the subsequent ones, having to replace lost units. Soon I was left with only a few lands on the british isles again! :angry: THere were too many and too often, I was rushing units everywhere trying to defend hard won cities every minute.

My question is if this is normal. Should I prepare for outright war if I reject the emperor position? :sad:

Drachen
11-05-2005, 15:41
well, since i'm waiting for some learned person to help me out, i have another question... totally unrelated.

the pope invited a couple of my souped up generals (both with strong units and upgrades) on crusades. silly me, i accepted thinking to have good relations with the papacy. unfortunately, those generals went on to win their battles and are now opposed to me?!?!?! fighting for the new rulers in those cities.

can i recall these generals before/after they attack? i have in place of the generals the jailed infidels and no one wants to ransom them.

Tompskij
11-05-2005, 15:57
I followed someone's advice on this board and made few pacts and alliances, only trade pacts. I got quite successful as Wessex, owning most of the land on the isles. Then I ventured onto the continent, taking normandie and part of Alsace, France.

THen came the vote to elect the emperor. I rejected the post as I wanted to win by conquest. After that, everyone declared war on me. The Swedish attacked me from behind in Scotland, the Germans attacked me on the continent, the Danes launched attacks in Wessex and the Pope himself attacked me in southern France. I could hold off the initial wave, but not the subsequent ones, having to replace lost units. Soon I was left with only a few lands on the british isles again! :angry: THere were too many and too often, I was rushing units everywhere trying to defend hard won cities every minute.

My question is if this is normal. Should I prepare for outright war if I reject the emperor position? :sad:

Are sure that was exactly how it happend? Because if you chose "Claim title" in the Royal Family screen some countries will declare war on you (if they dont like you).
Im not sure cause I got the game yesterday....

Angryminer
11-05-2005, 15:58
Welcome to the forum, Drachen! :halloha:

1. You propably misread the message. Not you were elected Emperor of Europe, but your enemy. And you rejected the elected Emperor of Europe. So the other kingdoms declared war on you, because you rejected their Emperor.
At least this is what I think what happened. The other kingdoms do not declare war when you were elected emperor and reject the election.
2. You can withdraw the crusader whenever you want. Click on the marshall's avatar in your royal court and select "withdraw" from the emerging menu. But it's a bit cheap to agree to a crusade and withdraw immediately. Go and conquer the heathen lands! :wink:

Angryminer

Illuminatus!
11-05-2005, 22:33

That's kind of disheartening, I suppose, but you need to find the fun in what happens. Go Napoleon on their ***es! (Minus the Waterloo part, mind you!)

Da Bomb
12-05-2005, 00:44
Well Angryminer you can't always withdraw them. I had a crusader once capture a province of baghdad and when he succussfully got it I could either make him my vassal with him being the new king (which I did) or do something else I found not as good. But after that his area (as my vassal) didn't give me any income or nothing. It was just idle so I wish I haden't done that. So yea you can't always withdraw them.

Sir Sigmund
12-05-2005, 02:59
Yes you can withdraw your crusader Knight. Think they need to allow us to have controll of our crusader and give him special options. :)

Drachen
13-05-2005, 17:44
angryminer... deutscher? :cheers:

nope, did not read it wrongly... i was elected emperor, i think it was a case of not making friends and attacking france who was the darling in europe... sigh

well, at least after a week, i'm getting better at the battles! so i'm less worried about the constant attacks anymore....send your armies!

oh btw, i still can't seem to recall my crusader... seems like once he conquers the city, he disappears from my line of generals...

Sir Sigmund
13-05-2005, 20:20
Ok, well in the Demo version I never let my crusader take a town. I wanted him to go and attack something....I lost my control of him so I withdrew him from Crusader service. :)