PDA

View Full Version : Adopt province?

Ghost
11-05-2005, 18:34
What happens when you adopt the province of your cleric?

batulimaboy
11-05-2005, 19:24
adopt province kills nostalgia of the province (newly captured province)...

Elvain
12-05-2005, 20:13
...what removes rebellion risk (1 point of RR per one level of nostalgia)

Gabo
12-05-2005, 20:23
I do it everytime I am to convert a province; but , is it absolute necessary ?

batulimaboy
12-05-2005, 20:26
yes...
adopt population is necessary...
if not, when your king is dead, new kingdom will arise from your own city (with nostalgia)
i experience before...

Elvain
12-05-2005, 20:44
no, it is not necessary. Try to have several unadopted provinces when your king dies (or even dies without heirs) and you'll see the fun :lol:
You'd have to do lt of reconquering then as you would lose most or even all unadopted prvinces :wink:

so adopting is highly recomended. But try not to convert them in some game. Reconquesring is a great challenge :go:

Angryminer
12-05-2005, 21:03
Not when you expect the declaration of independence. Once the king gets venerable destroy the town guard, remove all garrison units and do away with the townwall. You can now reconquer the town easily (with no resistance until the new ruler takes over the town authorities).

Angryminer

Xuca
12-05-2005, 22:30
l never played with a pagan kingdom until now and l realised that l don't have a cleric to adopt a province. So is there an alternative way for pagans to adopt a province?

Angryminer
12-05-2005, 22:31
Either wait 30 minutes for the nostalgia to deplenish by itself or install Elvain's or my mod.

Angryminer

yobbo
13-05-2005, 01:05
Hrm, I had hoped to use "Pagan" to simulate the establishment of a Jewish state in
Jerusalem (since Judaism isn't available). W/o clerics, I need to think about another
strategm. Maybe I could "mini-mod" my KoH to assist my simulation.

Elvain
13-05-2005, 02:05
Either wait 30 minutes for the nostalgia to deplenish by itself or install Elvain's or my mod.

AngryminerI don't know how in your but in my mod unfortunately I didn't manage to give pagans a cleric :sad:
I just gave them a temple (equivalent to mosque/church which produces books in towns and villages when they can't have clerics)

Hrm, I had hoped to use "Pagan" to simulate the establishment of a Jewish state in Jerusalem (since Judaism isn't available). W/o clerics, I need to think about another
strategm. Maybe I could "mini-mod" my KoH to assist my simulation. You don't need to. Population adopting removes nostalgia, so pagans don't have only this posibility. But as they can't convert provinces the provinces convert automaticaly to paganism after some time (several minutes).

Angryminer
13-05-2005, 10:15
Oh, thanks Elvain, I forgot that you still need the cleric to kill the nostalgia. Sorry.

Angryminer

Illuminatus!
13-05-2005, 23:14
So has anyone tried editing or adding religions to KoH?

Elvain
14-05-2005, 09:39
I did some editing f religions (changed bonuses, gave temple/books to pagans, but not added a religion. When you always request a religion being added in some mod, try it yourself...

Illuminatus!
14-05-2005, 19:02
I did some editing f religions (changed bonuses, gave temple/books to pagans, but not added a religion. When you always request a religion being added in some mod, try it yourself...

I would, if I had the game.

Sir Sigmund
14-05-2005, 19:08
If anyone can do I it, I think it would be Elvain. If he can edit it, dont see why not just copy all the info and name the new religion X for example and then have one kingdom/province worship X instead of the normal coded stuff. <shrugs> Sounds easy, but seriously I just dont know. :eek:

Elvain
15-05-2005, 08:35
but I haven't find any file where bases of religions are defined. I found only their economical etc. conditions, but still I don't know where pagans have disabled having clerics, where crusader/jihad/independent church are "brought into life", I can only edit conditions, but not add such features. Also I don't have time now and modding is not so hard that ONLY Elvain could do that. It is only question of time and will (and lazyness). If you really want it, do it! You can't wait untill I or ANgryminer do it. We can only help you with things we know, but we would appreciate also if somebody else would help us (as we see that many people are interested in modding)