PDA

View Full Version : The music is awsome

BASHER of the Reaching Woods
12-05-2005, 03:32
That music is really good! Total War music has to be my favorite... But now...I think I like KoH is better.

Who made it btw? :go:

Angryminer
12-05-2005, 10:52
The godlike music was done by the godlike "Glorian". He's the music artist at BSS in Sofia. :go:

Angryminer

Rulkiewicz
12-05-2005, 13:37
You can download the music files at the KoH webpage.

batulimaboy
12-05-2005, 14:30
Yupe...
Me too.
I think KOH music is the best thing to praise.
I like all the songs especially "Pride or Pain"...

Gustavus Adolphus
12-05-2005, 14:44
Oh yeah, KoH music is really good. I downloaded them all, and love them all. :go:

Tompskij
12-05-2005, 16:34
Yeah, the music is very nice. It really makes the game better... :cheers:....Dont get me wrong, I love the game....with or without music.

Da Bomb
13-05-2005, 01:13
omg finally a thread to celebrate the awesome music. I downloaded all those songs and love them! They are my favorite songs in a soundtrack. I love the medieval music, especially when it's this good and free to boot!!

Gabo
13-05-2005, 02:07
The music is very good; for me, almost as good as Stronghold's. But definetly one of the best

Sator
13-05-2005, 11:57
The music is indeed awesome, as well as the artwork (me being a designer (wannabee:) myself) About the artwork especially it's good to see that the images heven't been retouched in PS too much from the original pencil drawings, it makes me feel i'm playng a fairytale! Praise be to the BSS artists - Браво пичове! The composer is a phenomenon on his own, no doubt about that.. The latin vocals add a huge impact, don't know where he got them from tho o_O Anyway, Veso learns from his mistakes and this time the voiceovers for the units are done by proffesionals who are native english speakers, rather than some BG guys with annoyng accents (anyone remembers "Praze Jupitar") :) Some other game music i find phenomenal:
Warlords Battlecry 2 (NOT 3) - although there's only 4 tracks, this is the most enchanting music made for a game i've heard up to now. KoH following close behind tho!!!
Stronghold - all of the music is good. Stronghold crusader - good if u like arabic. I like the vocal.
Heroes of Might and Magic 3, + AB + SoD - trully, 3DO owned the gameworld fo years when it came to music. Too bad they bancrupted :((((((
Warcraft 3 - mediocre music (to me atleast ) except for the HumanX thrack, which sounds like it's made from a differend composer :)
Starcraft - the sheer ammount of hours i've dedicated to this game make it's music have a special place in my list, although i'm the fantasy -dragons-swords-and-magic- kinda guy, and as such i like celtic motives very much. BTW i don't know if any of you ever played Tzar (the first BG game - gogogo Veso!!!!!) but one of the tracks is actually a very good national BG song.

Sator
13-05-2005, 12:00
Off topic: Concerning Celtic, i like the music very much actually, but normally it's high on impossible to come across in Bulgaria. Fortunately my mom is in England and was able to send me a few CDs, but if anyone of you guys likes celtic and knows where i can get some mp3s, give me a pm or post it here pls! :)

Traveller
13-05-2005, 16:02
BTW i don't know if any of you ever played Tzar (the first BG game - gogogo Veso!!!!!) but one of the tracks is actually a very good national BG song.
"Mila moia maino lio"? Aahh, that's one of my favourites! :mosher:

About Celtic: I like it very much, too! But I don't have very much either: only some of Ronan Hardiman, Hevia and Omnia. My father also found something of Loreena Mckennit.

About Glorian: It is beyond all doubt that he's a GENIUS! If he wasn't born here, I bet he would be a thriving, rich and famous composer! Btw do I really feel some Blind Guardian elements or is it just my imagination?

Sir Sigmund
14-05-2005, 01:36
Loreena Mckennit has several CD out now of Celtic and Tradition Songs. She is excellent, and always wonderful to listen to.

Glorian is really good with what he did for KOH, I do admit I enjoy listening to the music as well. Where was he born at? I guess with the name of BBS that its really a company located close to the Black Sea?

Sator
16-05-2005, 15:02
The cd u can buy in BG is titled "Celtic Dreams", it's a compilation, incuding "Reel around the Sun", "Carrick Fergus" and the theme from The Lord of The Dance (remember Michael Flatley - sorry if i misspelled his name) 18 tracks in total... i have several other compilations with other popular irish songs.. I have Calland's The Best, they're singing in Celtic which is just so pleasing to the ear... I also have 2 or 3 Enya cds.. I'm writing (trying to atleast) fantasy and Celtic is the only thing i can listen to while doing it. In fact, it gives me inspiration :) If anyone here likes Fantasy, i have the first 5 chaprers ready, but it's in BG and i have no time to translate it :scratch: And yes, "Mila moya Mainolio" was awesome in Tzar :)) U know, the other night i noticed that the unit's death sounds in KoH are taken directly from Tzar - screams and all :]