PDA

View Full Version : A game play question

koh newbie
13-05-2005, 04:59
ya i just got the game and chose to play as the scotish highlands. I make all the buildings like sword building thing and upgrade it and make fletcher and chian mail and that troop well i make all military stuff and a church. but i can only make highland guys and some bowman an militia is that territory limited to what it can make cuase like ill take over another provance like strathome or whatever its called to the south an they can make like liigh infantry and other stuff like the box is grey but u can tell there is another unit there. why can theymake light cav an i cant. i built a stable and had a pasture iv even traded for horses i duno maybe im missin something think u guys can help.

Da Bomb
13-05-2005, 05:18
its really hard to read that. Try and clear it up please.

Angryminer
13-05-2005, 10:24
Welcome to the forum, koh newbie! :halloha:

Yes, each province has an own table of available units. All in all there are three types of units:
First, there are standard units, that are often, but not always available. Archers,Bowmen, Spearmen, light cavalry and more are in this section.
As a second, there are local specific units. They are very special for this region and usually more powerful than the standard units. Teutonic Knights, Templars, Longbowmen, Hobilars and such are often in this section.
And as last, there are kingdom specific units. They are specific for your kingdom, like in your case (Highlands), Highlanders. The Teutonic Order has teutonic knights as kingdom specific unit. This unit can be recruited everywhere in your kingdom.

I hope this answers your questions and lightens up the recruiting-system of KoH. :go:

Angryminer

Elvain
13-05-2005, 11:06
Also, if you click at soldier icon at the begining of the game, you'll see what units are available in that certain province. This WON'T change by buildings. Let's see this scenario:
you have province X and play for kingdom Y:
kingdom Y specific units: highlanders, teutonic knights(none of real kingdoms has it)
local units of province X: peasants, archers, men at arms, light cavalry, swordsmen
province X special units: longbowmen, feudal knights

at the begining only peasants are available and all other are grey.
If you build seordsmith, highlanders and swordsmen will be available (but not f.i. saracens who require also only swordsmith)
After building fletcher, longbowmen and archers will be available
then church armoury and chain mail workshop are built and swordsmith is upgraded to mastersmith, so you have all buildings necessary for Templars, but you can't buy them as they aren't available in the province, but you can buy men at arms who are.

Understand?
buildings don't add new units to province. They just enable buying those available. So if you have no unit that requires plate armoury in the province, building a plate armoury is totally useless.